Looks like another warm, wet winter

Dodge Man

For the United States, we predict that recent warming trends will dominate in the eastern and northern parts of the United States in the coming winter, with below-normal average temperatures limited to the western portion of the nation," they divulged in their 2021 Winter Weather Forecast, which went live on August 18. "Most of Canada will have a cold and snowy winter. However, rising temperature trends mean that the winter will not bring extreme cold; instead, it will be closer to normal."

Additionally, the experts pointed out that the coldest temperatures will occur largely just in the "western states and northeastern New England," with mostly "wet" precipitation rather than snow across the majority of the country.

"On the precipitation side of things, expect 'wet' to be a wintertime constant, with rain or average to below-average snowfall to be the standard throughout most of the country."

https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/old-farm ... 00425.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Displaced_Vol

Re: Looks like another warm, wet winter

Gosh I hope not. I know for a lot of people backwater is good but I don't know that I can take another year like the last 2...

Dodge Man

Displaced_Vol":2nxdv72n said:
Gosh I hope not. I know for a lot of people backwater is good but I don't know that I can take another year like the last 2...
By the looks of the forecast I think we are in for similar weather as the past few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flyinpro

Weather guessers are often wrong. I better get the extreme cold gear ready!![emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Displaced_Vol

Guess there's not much to do about it either way. If it is similar to the last few years this ol boy will be doing more bird hunting around the house instead of trying to always push the issue with uncooperative or nonexistent ducks.

4scout

I sure hope they get that forecast wrong. Seems like lately the weather forecast is almost the opposite of what they predict. I've been down that rainy road before and it doesn't turn out well...

BamaProud

Dodge Man":udk2n5sg said:
"Most of Canada will have a cold and snowy winter. However, rising temperature trends mean that the winter will not bring extreme cold; instead, it will be closer to normal."

That is classic Farmers Almanac gobblygook. Lots of words that mean nothing.

Bgoodman30

tickweed":3402rg96 said:
my sources trending toward la nina.

That's what I saw lately.. I like the backwater and will welcome it again this year.. Timber holes looking better than food in fields right now for us...

Latest posts