Looking to buy a new muzzleloader

Jeremy Strickland

I'm looking at the knight bighorn, cva optima, thompson center pro hunter. Now I'm brand new to muzzleloading. I've been a long time archer and still will continue the passion. So I need to know has anyone own these models if s9 any problems?

451LRML

Of the 3 and $ not the issue - T/C Encore.
The BigHorn is a plunger style where the other 2 have a better design to lockup.
If the Knight Mountaineer was a choice - I'd choose it.

Grill-n-man

If the pro hunter is in the budget I Get either Knight's Disk Extreme, mountainer, or ultralite. My wife shoots the Disk as well as I have one also but got an ultralite this year and love it. Had an encore before and have seen many shot. Personally you couldn't give me 5 Encores for any one of my Knights. Knight not only made in the USA but right here in Tennessee. Hometown boys and girls are making super guns that are accurate and very well built.

iowavf

You need to handle them in person and see which one feels really good. To me, the Encore felt the best, didn't care for the Knight when shouldering one, but it was a friends and not sure which model it was and me being left handed makes a difference too. The higher end of the CVA's don't feel too bad and would be my second choice.

7X57

I have kept all my Knights and sold the TC and TC shotgun. They feel cheap in the hand and I just didn't have any confidence in them when compared to my Knights.

Jeremy Strickland

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Sounds like knight is a very strong choice here. I also like what one gentlemen said about shouldering the gun first. I like to tell everyone to hold the bow first it's all a matter of feel.

Matador

I vote Encore and I have a couple of Knights too. The knights shoot good, but you can turn the Encore into about any caliber you may want.