looking for outfitters in Nebraska, ID or WY for next year

REN

anyone got some they would recommend in those areas. looking to get a trip in next year or the following with 2 buddies of mine. The hunting will be part of it obviously but really are all going to just spend time together and make some memories out in some beautiful landscape.

not looking for anything crazy expensive though so it doesnt have to be a 5* over the top type of place.

AT Hiker

I'm zero help with recommendations but out of those 3 states. Id have to try Idaho simply for the landscape. Wyoming is gorgeous also but I've never hunted Idaho so that would sway me to pick it.
I would rank NE at the bottom simply for that reason. Although NE would likely be more budget friendly plus closer so driving would be easier. WY wouldn't be a horrible drive either, Id likely fly to ID though.

I just did a quick google search and this popped up https://bouldercreekoutfitters.com/pricing_guide.php
You could fly into Missoula, MT and drive West through some gorgeous country. They also offer a turkey/bear combo hunt which sounds awesome. The turkey hunt doesnt sound stupid expensive either. Only down fall for me is Id likely get stuck at Big Sky and Kettlehouse Brewery there, some of the best beer on the planet is brewed there! Might even catch a great concert there as well...screw hunting, just visit Missoula and grab a fly rod.

As for WY. I would have a hard time paying a outfitter in the Black Hills, for no reason other than you have a lot of public land to get lost in. Most definitely would you have a higher quality hunt with a outfitter there, especially if weather got you. 7-J is reputable outfitter, Jeff is/was the president of the WYO Association so he has a reputation to uphold although their prices are high.
If I was to pay for a WY hunt Id look closer to some mountainous country for a lightly more scenic hunt, although moat turkey hunting would likely be in river bottoms. Maybe contact this outfitter and ask if they hunt in the Big Horns https://wfoutfitter.com/

I have never turkey hunted with any of the links I provided, just did some quick research based on the areas and how I would tackle your question.

Latest posts