Sold/Expired Looking for Climbing spikes

swd

I am in the market for a pair of climbing spikes. I would prefer pole gaffs, but I am open to what you have. I am in Shelby county and really looking for something close by.

Let me know what you have.

Thanks!

swd

Thanks! I have been thinking of hitting some local pawn shops looking for things like this.

Mattt

I used to go to a lot of them on rain days looking specifically for climbing gear. On a good day could find several sets.

swd

I used spikes as a kid. We had a set with pole gaffs and a set with tree gaffs. I always felt more secure and confident on the shorter pole gaffs. Tree gaffs seemed to dig in too much. I felt like I had to put in too much effort to pull them out of the tree and risk being unstable with the extra effort. Of course, that was over 30 years ago.

Mattt

I climb for a living for over 20 years, I don't like climbing trees with pole gaffs. Just a matter of time as they aren't long enough to get thru bark and find good wood

Mattt

I climb for a living for over 20 years, I don't like climbing trees with pole gaffs. Just a matter of time as they aren't long enough to get thru bark and find good wood

swd

dhpro":3as37ehy said:
Hey I saw some on Facebook market place last week

Thanks for the heads up. I swore off Facebook, Twitter, et al several years ago. Could get my wife to look...

ewc

I've got a set of the pole gaffs. I think I found them in a pawn shop for $200. Let me know if you're interested. I've used them three times.

Latest posts