Long Trigger Pull

SteveJ

I have owned 3 crossbows, all being lower end, but they have all had a long pull on the trigger before it finally fires. Is this a safety thing with all crossbows or is it just on lower end crossbows?

Rakkin6

Haven't noticed it really on either of my Tenpoints. What brand are you or have you used in the past? Now I will say they do have heavier triggers but not so much a long trigger pull.

SteveJ

I've used PSE, Centerpoint and Killer instinct. I've never shot a higher end crossbow so wasn't sure if those were like a rifle trigger or if all of them you had to pull a long ways. I saw where someone made a kit for the Centerpoint to shorten it up but it was an aftermarket modification that I wasn't too sure about

TheLBLman

Cutting corners on the trigger is but one way a crossbow can be offered at a lower initial price point.

Same is true with centerfire rifles --- the more expensive guns will usually have a better trigger assembly.

Many of the older crossbows had horrible trigger assemblies (very "rough" with long pulls).

I saw where someone made a kit for the Centerpoint to shorten it up but it was an aftermarket modification that I wasn't too sure about
Trigger assembly kits for various crossbows are widely available, and can be one of the best "upgrades' you can purchase, if your crossbow as a "rough" trigger.

Latest posts