Long Range Scope help.

JimFromTN

SWFA warranty is really good too. If I had to say one negative thing about mine, it would be that the reticle is so fine that I feel like I need to be wearing reading glasses to see the hash marks, but my eyes are getting old and I need to wear reading glasses to see anything small close up anymore.

TraumaSlave

Bang for the buck? Millet. What? Who? No body ever mentions Millet. Great glass and mechanics for a fraction of the price of those Brand fluffy kittens scopes.

mr.big

Model70Man":2e34gxvw said:
March makes one heck of a long range scope.

I shot two rifles with 8-80 power March scopes last Sunday,,one a Viper SS 284 the other a Shilen DGA 22BR,,those scopes make the NF line look like 70`s model Tasco`s,,
one had a 1/16th dot that was just unreal,,aim small miss small,,

Headhunter

one story relating to kahles. Zeiss would be second to kahles for sure. Kahles is the oldest optics company on the planet. they know glass.

I was watching a hunting show last year that did a segment on goat hunting in the Alps. They told a story about a guy that shot a goat and put his weapon down to get the goat, he became disoriented while getting the goat and couldn't locate his weaopn afterwards. Same guy was goat hunting later and found a rotted stock, corroded barrel and scope and realized it was his weapon. THe scope was in perfect internal condition, although having been buried in snow the body was pretty messed up. Long story short, the scope was lost for something like 20 years in a snowfield in the Alps. Seals were still good, optics tight -- it was a Kahles.

mr.big

about 300 rounds in and dialed up and down to 800 several times and up to 1200 and maxed out last Sunday and the8-32 Sightron hasnt missed a beat,,I picked it up used off Accurate shooter for 650 and there is no way in my mind the 8-32 NF NXS Daddy has on his Sako 260 is any better,,much less a grand better,,

if there was some way to use both without knowing which was which I doubt you could tell much if any difference,,the HF is a heck of a scope I am not saying that but it doesnt do anything for me the Sightron wont,,I will let you know if anything goes wrong the next 500 rounds

DMAG

The sightron seems to be a great bang for a buck. Looking forward to the overall review Mr.big, thanks for keeping us up date on the gear!

Latest posts