Long Goose Season

rsimms

I haven't fooled with specifically goose hunting in many years. While fishing yesterday I saw guys on Chickamauga Lake goose hunting. Thinking goose season always closed with ducks, I was about to call the game warden when I figured I better check. Maybe snow goose was still open or something (even though they had Canada decoys)?

Lo and behold I see that goose season now extends to Feb. 14!

Hard to believe I was a game warden years ago and could recite every opening and closing season date from memory. My how the times have changed (for me anyway). :confused:

Hduke86

I haven't fooled with specifically goose hunting in many years. While fishing yesterday I saw guys on Chickamauga Lake goose hunting. Thinking goose season always closed with ducks, I was about to call the game warden when I figured I better check. Maybe snow goose was still open or something (even though they had Canada decoys)?

Lo and behold I see that goose season now extends to Feb. 14!

Hard to believe I was a game warden years ago and could recite every opening and closing season date from memory. My how the times have changed (for me anyway). :confused:
Were they in a white deck boat cause I was crappie fishing yesterday and these guys came up in a white deck boat and said they were crappie fishing and goose hunting. A little Chickamauga lake blast and cast

rsimms

Were they in a white deck boat cause I was crappie fishing yesterday and these guys came up in a white deck boat and said they were crappie fishing and goose hunting. A little Chickamauga lake blast and cast
No, they were at the mouth of Eldridge Slough in a canoe. But, yea... I've been known to keep a shotgun handy in the boat during early teal season when blue wings are passing through. :)

Hduke86

No, they were at the mouth of Eldridge Slough in a canoe. But, yea... I've been known to keep a shotgun handy in the boat during early teal season when blue wings are passing through. :)
Is that across the river from say possum creek cause I was on the river and went up river a couple hundred yards to fish and heard someone shoot from across the river

rsimms

Is that across the river from say possum creek cause I was on the river and went up river a couple hundred yards to fish and heard someone shoot from across the river
Yes, but to my knowledge they never shot unless it was VERY early before I got there. I saw them pulling out, probably understandably frustrated because all the fishermen coming in and out of the slough.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Gotta be careful there hunting. There's a house very close to shore; could easily run afoul of the 100 yard rule. Plenty of fishing opportunities there though.

Latest posts