Lock On advice

XCR-2

Fixing to invest in a few lock-ons for my leases. Also will be buying steps and definitely not screw ins. What do some of you guys recommend as far as a get pretty much in any tree, light, comfortable set up?

ImThere

Vermin93":3rgkvtcj said:
If I could do it all over I would just buy a bunch of stick ladders and one Guido's Web.
Without a doubt. I would buy a Guidos web or aero hunter and 5 strap on steps to carry in and out and I would be set!

Is weight really an issue? I would buy some of the mellennim loc on's with the large seat like the m100 or 150. If I was using loc on's. The bone collector loc on's from Walmart are quite comfy also that style is what I would be going for

the one and only "ImThere"

thetoolman

Love my Millenium M-100, easily the most comfortable stand I have hunted out of. Ordering a set of Hawk Helium Climbing sticks and that is going to be my primary setup. Currently I have a few of the 20ft ladder sticks that I use with different receivers, but this setup will let me be more mobile.

SALTMAN

What the toolman said . But we use the 20ft ladders ( sometimes add an extra section if need calls for it ) exclusively .Don't like the strap on sections ( cost more and more noise ) . Once up we don't have to move anything but the stand and millenniums are comfortable .

Crosshairy

The Hawk Helium steps are supposed to be really nice, but I think any aluminum-based step is considered "premium" and therefore better built than some of the cheap steel ones you see floating around the market for around 60-80 bucks for a set. Most of the sets of steps come in sets of 3 or sometimes 4...you might want to buy 3 sets of steps for 2 stands, because you are going to end up wanting to go higher in the tree than a single set will allow.

The biggest question is whether you intend to move your setup around some, or leave it set up mostly once the season gets up and going. If the former, invest in some higher quality lighter gear. If the latter, I'd choose comfort over weight and save money on steel stands with comfy seats.

Me personally - I'll be getting a more mobile setup with aluminum steps and a lighter stand, then getting a "set it and forget it" setup for a more permanent spot somewhere. If I need to move around more than that, I'll use my climber.

Latest posts