Local owned places to eat in Southern Middle Tennessee.

Blackbullet

I'm a regular at a few locally owned restaurants in TN. Hickory House & Rusty Spur in Pulaski, also Strikers in Lawrenceburg are a few of my favorites. Mama Millia's in Coulumbia has some great authentic Italian food but usually only open for lunch. Just thought I would share some of my favorites and get some suggestions from you fellas.

LanceS4803

I've always like the Catfish House here in Clarksville, good southern cooking. Used to go a lot more because it was on the route I take to go hunting, but it moved, probably due to the construction, so it's more tucked away, but still a great place to go eat.

Still the best catfish I have ever had, and I try new places all the time. Been going there since the 70s.
They added on to the restaurant but still ran out of space, so they just moved entirely. A really nice building and just in time as they dropped the bridge right by the original location.

Top of the River in AL is a close second for catfish.

FTG-05

I used to eat at corner pit alot when the first building was there and they had the purple slaw. Good stuff!
Their Broccoli salad is pretty dang good! I don't know if they still have the purple slaw.

And speaking of slaw: There is the famous Slawburger on the SW corner of the square in Fayetteville; Honey's I think it's called. Pretty dang good as well.

ZachMarkus

Several good locally owned restaurants in the area. We eat at strikers a lot, stetars in Lawrenceburg is also good, we like southern table in Pulaski, it's a bit pricey though. My all time favorite has to be papa Boudreaux's Cajun cafe in Santa Fe, little hole in the wall Cajun joint. Only open on the weekends and you have to call and make reservations. The food is absolutely phenomenal. Definitely worth checking out if you like Cajun food. Don't forget to bring your cooler if you want something to drink other than water or soft drinks.

FTG-05

Several good locally owned restaurants in the area. We eat at strikers a lot, stetars in Lawrenceburg is also good, we like southern table in Pulaski, it's a bit pricey though. My all time favorite has to be papa Boudreaux's Cajun cafe in Santa Fe, little hole in the wall Cajun joint. Only open on the weekends and you have to call and make reservations. The food is absolutely phenomenal. Definitely worth checking out if you like Cajun food. Don't forget to bring your cooler if you want something to drink other than water or soft drinks.
I'm going to talk to my wife about going to Southern Table. I had no idea there was a nice resturant in Pulaski - and it's right across the street from Eslick Tractor!

We're also gonna try that Cajun place when my cousin and his wife visit in April.

BMan

Thumbs up on Papa's.