Livescope installation…..

Big Pop

Might have just bought a new boat. Curious if anyone in middle tn installs new graphs/livescope? Looks like a bit of a
Job.
I know very little about electronics but I'll have to say installing Livescope was relatively simple to do myself. I made the decision to go with the 20 volt Dewalt style batteries and the power wheels adaptor from Amazon for both the Garmin 93SV screen and the 132SV transducer. Less than $175 for 4 batteries and two adapters. Hookup is very easy. YouTube is your friend. It works great but learning curve for an old man will not come easy!

Amazon product ASIN B0B9NPZM3MAmazon product ASIN B089Y1L3NJ

Last edited:

redblood

I know very little about electronics but I'll have to say installing Livescope was relatively simple to do myself. I made the decision to go with the 20 volt Dewalt style batteries and the power wheels adaptor from Amazon for both the Garmin 93SV screen and the 132SV transducer. Less than $175 for 4 batteries and two adapters. Hookup is very easy. YouTube is your friend. It works great but learning curve for an old man will not come easy!

So your livescope isnt tied to your boat batteries? The advantage is not having to run wires?

bluball

Might have just bought a new boat. Curious if anyone in middle tn installs new graphs/livescope? Looks like a bit of a
Job.
We do installs in camden ,tn 38320,peformance fishing electronics.We usually go over the boat on power options before the install.We usually dont do the dewalt batteries unless thats what the customer wants.We usually put a small lithium upfront or a bigger cranking battery if your running a small one.We also usually run a new wiring harness if needed so no electronic interference.All we do is sell and install marine electronics so we try to do it right,7314118965 if you have any questions.

Last edited:

redblood

We do installs in camden ,tn 38320,peformance fishing electronics.We usually go over the boat on power options before the install.We usually dont do the dewalt batteries unless thats what the customer wants.We usually put a small lithium upfront or a bigger cranking battery if your running a small one.We also usually run a new wiring harness if needed so no electronic interference.All we do is sell and install marine electronics sobwe try to do it right,7314118965 if you have any questions.
I wish u were closer bluball. But im a ling way from camden

Spurhunter

I have been told the DeWalt battery deal will void your warranty. You can by a Dakota Lithium 23ah for $200, not have warranty concerns, and I believe it would run a scope all day. I bought the 46ah and I've run mine for 9 hours and the voltage never dropped below 13V.

redblood

I have been told the DeWalt battery deal will void your warranty. You can by a Dakota Lithium 23ah for $200, not have warranty concerns, and I believe it would run a scope all day. I bought the 46ah and I've run mine for 9 hours and the voltage never dropped below 13V.
Do u just charge the dakota after each trip? Do u run both the graph and the black box of it?

Big Pop

I know very little about electronics but I'll have to say installing Livescope was relatively simple to do myself. I made the decision to go with the 20 volt Dewalt style batteries for both the Garmin 93SV screen and the power wheels adaptor from Amazon. Less than $175 for 4 batteries and two adapters. Hookup is very easy. YouTube is your friend. It works great but learning curve for an old man will not come easy!

So your livescope isnt tied to your boat batteries? The advantage is not having to run wires?
True. Wires were easy. Warranty? One year? I'll take the chance. It's only money….

WTM

its not only about the warranties, as some of this is covered under magnuson-moss act, but its also about the longevity of your equipment. it also applies to mercury motors, minn kota, etc. while not specifically voiding the warranty in some instances, they do not have to pay for parts destroyed by using batteries that were not designed for devices that were designed for lead acid batteries. when it is all said and done, liability for repairs will more than likely fall on the installer.

i cant really think of a reason really to use drill batteries or those 16v powerhouse batteries with 50ah LFP's being so cheap now.