Little smoking today

Forvols

I got 3 pork butts, 2 sirloin tip roast (and 6 chicken thighss not in picture) on the smoker. All tolled about 30lbs of meat on the WSM using hickory and apple wood from right here on my land. 2 butts are rubbed and seasoned for pulled pork bbq, 1 butt is seasoned with SPOG will be used for tacos/burritos. 2 sirloin roast montreal steak seasoning will be thin sliced in to smoked roast beef samich meat. Chicken thighs, seasoned with kickin chicken and probably wont make it through the night after tossing in some Franks hot sauce. In the picture -- 2 sirloin roast and 1 pork butt, below on second grate is 2 butts, thighs were already done and removed.

Attachments

• smokin.jpg
    smokin.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,827

Forvols

Longest smoke/cook I have had. Put it all on the WSM at 11am yesterday, sirloin tip roast got to IT of 145* I pulled them off to rest and into the fridge (took about 3.5hours), thighs done in 2hours. The 3 butts stalled at internal temps(IT) of 157-160* WSM was at 255*. Then it started to rain (drizzle) my WSM is not under a cover, but it held temp right at 250-255*. Didn't do a texas cheat on the butts just let them ride cause I wanted a good firm bark. Well the dang thangs Never did get past 160*. I pulled them off the WSM at 9pm (10hrs). Wrapped in foil let them cool till 11PM and into the fridge. Today put the butts in the oven set at 250* at 9:30am until reaching an IT of 199-203* at 3:30pm. Bone slipped right out of each butt, resting and cooling down now so I can pull and vac seal...but MAN 16hrs to get the butts done. Plus side House smells like a BBQ joint. And some $$$$ shots attached: Pulled is standard bbq pulled pork seasoning... taco meat is seasoned with SPOG only... 20lb of pork butt I ended up with 7.5lbs of BBQ meat and 4.5LBS of taco/burrito meat after trimming precook and pulling/discarding fat etc that I didn't want in the end product...I still got to slice the sirloin roast along with a 2lb ham for samich meat(not pict of that)

mike243

looks great,i always used to figure a hr per pound,i have read some folks do a hot fast smoke but I aint had time to try it :tu:

Forvols

Bagged and tagged finished eye candy...Ham was a bonus had 2.5lbs in the freezer from Thanksgiving, thawed it and sliced for samich meat. Ended up with 5 1lb bags of bbq, 5 1lb bags of plain pulled pork, 4 9oz bags of ham, 7 9-11oz bags of roast beef.