Little Red River Trip

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
Looks like I may be making a quick trip to the Little Red. I have never been before. I have trout fished a lot in Missouri. I plan on wading and fishing. I am definitely excited to go. If anyone has any pointers for wade fishing the Little Red I am all ears.

scn

Fly fishing or spinning?

I think (but not totally sure) that the Little Red is a generation controlled river like the White. There have been very limited wading opportunities on the White for months due to generation levels, so you might want to check on that before you head over.

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
I will probably take both my fly rod and my ultralight spinning. Plan on throwing thread jigs and glow balls with the fly rod and Maribou jigs and rebel crawdads with the spinning. I will look into the generation schedule.

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
Got here about 3:30. Caught 4 before they started generating. We fished down near the swinging bridge area and cow shoals.

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
Caught about 15 total. Fished yesterday afternoon from 2pm-7pm and again this morning from 7 am to noon. Not a bad little trip. This was one of the bigger ones.
A4B64179-FCB7-4D00-9DD1-CE8A806AAEA8.jpeg

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
I enjoyed it, but I think I would rather go up in Missouri and fish Montauk state park. You don't have to worry about dam discharge.