Liplocked in Stewart Co

tasaman

Well on a normal opening weekend I can hear anywheres from 3 to 15 birds gobbling. Somewhere around 10 shots in my vacinity is about right for the morning. Well today I heard a grand total of 0! Only 1 shot and that didn't sound like it was any less than 5 miles away. I do know of one bird killed but other than that, Stewart Co seemed to be very off today.

TNtrapper

I feel youre pain brother! Henry co. was the same. I normally hear 8-10 birds every morning but only heard one today. Got on him but with all the hens it was a no go. Its going to get better though. Let it get back up in the 70s and let them get some of these hens bred down and things will change.

AT Hiker

CAMARO12 said:
It's still early boys. Give it week or so and with some consecutive sunny days it'll turn around.

Yep, this time last year it was green, 80 degrees and hens were going to roost at 9 am. This year they are just breaking apart in most areas...a few exceptions though.

thirdwilliam

I have the same problem in Rutherford County. Heard no gobbles either day. Got the hens to fly down to me both days. One gobbler came strutting in and never gobbled. stayed just out of range both mornings. Great show but also frustrating. hard to hunt if they dont gobble any

RutMutt

I don't feel so bad now. Thought I was just having some bad luck. One of the worst opening weekends as far as gobbling goes I've seen in a while. It will get better, just getting started. I'm not complaining though, did enjoy walking the woods and finding more deer sign!

DKO77

Come on over to Morgan County , I think they live under rocks and feed only at night -lol

Latest posts