Light weight lock on stands

BigRed1080

I just last year purchased a XOP air raid evolution, and I enjoy it. It's light and a larger platform than a climber. Now finding sticks is a bit harder cause I am currently trying to figure out if I want two or there steps and if I want single or double sided steps. I also pack in On public every hunt.

My family gave me a second one as a gift in January. Hopefully now I can rotate or leave one up if I can find some private to hunt.

Last edited:

BigRed1080

Well sweet they matched the price. I want to Get my setup and sticks altogether and neat before summer to make some scouting trips where I pack in the stand, practice climbing, then hauling out. Just trying to be more in shape and get outdoors at the same time.

TboneD

I will say this. I hunted in my novix Sunday afternoon. 4 hours. That's about long as I can take it. It's not as comfortable as some. But much easier to put up.
If your issue is the seat pad there's a couple of directions you could go. Hopefully for my b day next month my wife or daughter will get me the Millennium type seat a guy on FB is selling for the Novix/Lone Wolfs. It'll add a little more weight so I would only put it on my Echo that I use mainly over pre-hung sticks. For my Assault 2 I'll stick with a pad I already had I cut down that's a little thicker and softer than the original seat pads, much like kneeling pads Lowe's sells in their Lawn and garden section.

Yep. I've had others, including 3 Millenniums, and you just can't beat the Lone Wolf/Novix stands for their quiet, secure and easy "hang-ability", even in crooked trees.

tonybart55

I currently own an XOP Air Raid Evolution and 4 XOP sticks. They weren't bad, but not nearly as light as I was expecting them to be. I was thinking in the 20ish pound range, but the whole set up with synch straps and everything is somewhere around 30 lbs, maybe a bit more. And I'm sure it's me, but I do not like trying to hang that sucker, I swear like crazy trying to get it in a tree. For those of you debating on single or double sided steps, go with double lol the single sided steps were a pain for me. I personally will be selling it soon and getting some sort of climber.

However, that's not to say it's not a good stand. If you're on a budget and looking for a light(er) weight lock on, the XOP has a lot going for it, just not for me and my outta shapeness lol

UCStandSitter

I currently own an XOP Air Raid Evolution and 4 XOP sticks. They weren't bad, but not nearly as light as I was expecting them to be. I was thinking in the 20ish pound range, but the whole set up with synch straps and everything is somewhere around 30 lbs, maybe a bit more. And I'm sure it's me, but I do not like trying to hang that sucker, I swear like crazy trying to get it in a tree. For those of you debating on single or double sided steps, go with double lol the single sided steps were a pain for me. I personally will be selling it soon and getting some sort of climber.

However, that's not to say it's not a good stand. If you're on a budget and looking for a light(er) weight lock on, the XOP has a lot going for it, just not for me and my outta shapeness lol
Agree whole heartedly on double vs single-sided steps. When you're fighting to hang a stand and putting the bulk of your weight on one foot, you'll understand why you want the doubles. Even in setups where I have single sided XOP sticks, I use a dual Hawk Helium as the stop stick for just this reason.

Latest posts