Lifetime Sportsman's Licence

stik

The ScubaCamper said:
If I remember correctly, juviniles may not hunt until 6 (?). Whatever the age is, the hunter ed course would need to be completed prior to the 1st hunt.

My boy's 3.5 now, has his license, but no hunter ed yet (of course).

and yes, it's a sportsman's license - the only thing left to pay for in the state of TN are federal stamps for migratory birds. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

there is no minimum age for the open hunts. just the youth hunts are age restricted. no hunter safety required until age 10.

Labboy

Had my son's paperwork filled out before he was born. Sent it off as soon as we got his birth certificate and ss card. I thought I would save him from ever hearing his wife say "it costs that much for a sportsman's license".

MackPC

That's what my nephew is getting for Christmas from me. He is only 3 months old but it'll pay off in long run. No doubt about it.

hillbillyfab

Coworkers/good friends put the money and a application in a card for a baby shower gift. Best gift, idea ever in my opinion.
I seen a comment about taking the little one's to the duck blind drawing for another chance. I quizzed a game warden about this and he told me there's an age requirement to be qualified to enter, not just the Sportsman license. I forgot what the age he told me was. Does anyone know what it is?

Latest posts