Let's talk packs

DntBrnDPig

I think for most of us here in Tennessee we don't have framed packs for our 4-5 hour hunts nor our all day hunts.

What do you use for these hunts? Do you use the same pack for both?

Currently I have a Badlands Monster Fanny pack. I sweat a lot so I walk in/out with base layers on and I use the compression straps at the bottom to roll up my jacket and other clothes in to the stand. It has a strap at the top that I use to hand from a limb, screw in hanger, etc.

I wouldn't mind finding something a little bigger for all day hunts. What do you use?

TNRifleman

My go to is my Tenzing Fanny pack and then if I need a little more room, I put a few things in my cargo pants pockets. My Tenzing has the lashing straps for a jacket as well and is much easier for me since I carr my stand in on my back. If I was not carrying a stand, I would use a 1800 or so Cubic inch Badlands pack.

TNCanoer

I use a usgi Alice butt pack. These packs have a lot of room for your gear any several attachment points if you want to add other pouches. I carry a canteen one side and a pouch for my binoculars on the other side. I use a carrying strap over the shoulder instead of a web belt. Works great for me.

edtcase

I use a Fieldline Tactical backpack in digital camo. Lots of places to add stuff on to the pack and for stand sits and turkey hunting I can carry everything I need for either a few hours or an all day sit.

tree_ghost

I have a Tenzing 1250 lumbar pack...the wife bought it for me for Christmas. I love this thing!!! I can pack all my camera gear tree arms and hunting accessories in it. Couldn't be happier!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DMD

I've got a SOG backpack I bought at Walmart a couple of years ago. I love it. It's got compression straps on the bottom and on the front, so I can strap my extra clothes to it. It has plenty of rooms and external pockets for all my stuff.

dbierman

pastorbmp":2558rji0 said:
I've got a SOG backpack I bought at Walmart a couple of years ago. I love it. It's got compression straps on the bottom and on the front, so I can strap my extra clothes to it. It has plenty of rooms and external pockets for all my stuff.
Same here, luckily I bought several of them. Walmart in our area has stopped selling them.

DMD

dbierman":115d06fv said:
pastorbmp":115d06fv said:
Same here, luckily I bought several of them. Walmart in our area has stopped selling them.
Same here...Walmart quit selling them.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Fireman 244

2-Step Enabled
Small $20 backpack from Walmart is what I carry most of the time. If I have to carry my climber I loop the shoulder straps through it and carry both together. When bow hunting I use a ALPS that my bow attaches to if I choose not to carry my bow in my hand due to terrain or if I need a larger pack. Rifle can also be secured to the ALPS backpack.

Grnwing

I've been using a Camelback pack for my TN hunts, I can strap it to my climber and fit a quarter/deboned deer in it for the pack out. Out West, a Cabela's Scout pack has done the job for Mule deer and Antelope.

tree_ghost

Still running my Tenzing 1250 lumbar pack. I added a predator pouch to the back straps to keep my platform in.
Going to the Eberlestock X2 to my gear list for my deep out of state stuff. I'll plan to quarter him up and pack it out. In some parts of Ky I'm hunting there's no way possible to drag one out and getting a UTV in there isn't an option.

Midnight rider

I use a Badlands 2200. Mainly because i have started quartering them out in the woods. Man it is so much easier getting them out on your back. Using the gutless method it takes about a half hour once you have done it a couple times. The pack is pretty comfortable and you can take anything you want with you as well.

Latest posts