Let’s talk vacuum sealers please

7mm08

My OLD Cabela's is crapping out. I love to seal fish, meats, or breaking down big bags of frozen veggies for soups later on.

got any suggestions

Thanks

DennyB

I went through several Food Savers and finally got a Vacmaster. I've had it for 5-6 years and it's been great. More expensive than Food Saver but well worth it.

backyardtndeer

On our 3rd food saver branded one here. Two of them came from Sam's and one from Cabela's. I said next one we buy will be a Cabela's commercial, but since bad pro bought them out, not sure.

MickThompson

I rarely get more than 3 years out of a consumer/home grade one. I bought a $40 one from amazon with a 4 year replacement warranty for another $8. Can't remember make/model though.

brassmagnet

I got a Seal a meal for $37.00 and two boxes of 5 rolls of bags for $15.00 apiece when our K Mart went out of business. If it quits next time I use it, I'm good with that.

JCDEERMAN

I vacuum seal a lot and have been through several. They've each only lasted me maybe 2 years. I just got an LEM Maxvac 250 and I'm loving it. Seems to be much better built than any of the ones I've had in the past. The main culprit of my past sealers is the sealing strip mechanism. Over time, the sealer will either overheat after just a couple bags, or the seal strip will start to become detached. If you can find one that comes with an extra seal strip or can get a few extra, you should be good. My LEM came with an extra

Forvols

I went through several Food Savers and finally got a Vacmaster. I've had it for 5-6 years and it's been great. More expensive than Food Saver but well worth it.
I have a Vacmaster pro 260 (no longer made) since about 2007 or 08. I replaced the heat ribbon and teflon tape about 5yrs ago. Other than that its been excellent. I cant speak to other brands, my next one will be a Vacmaster or Weston.

7mm08

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

7mm08

mike243

I bought the top end food saver about 4-5 years ago or it was the highest 1, it is auto seal, hold the bag push it in and it clamps and vac sals without touching a lever. has a 5 year warranty on it, easy to use . like the chamber sealers but not the price

TX300mag

If you're willing to bite the bullet and buy a chamber sealer there are lots of advantages.

The bags are much cheaper, especially in bulk. Keep that in mind if you use one a lot.

JCDEERMAN

Has anyone ever used the sous vide bags? Wouldn't they work? I don't do sous vide so I don't know if there are any differences. Some seem to be the same thing.

Just asking because I was fixing to order these and haven't found bags anywhere close to this cheap:

One thing - I'm over getting the rolls and sealing both ends. Takes a lot of time and more use on the heated strip. I'm going with the bags sealed on one end already

Latest posts