Lesser-Known Companies

String Music

What's some gear y'all use from companies that we may not have heard of before?

I like fingerless wool gloves when hunting. I picked up some Fish Monkey gloves to use for fishing, but I really like using them for hunting so far too.

DoubleRidge

Stormy Kromer makes some great wool caps....learned of them many years ago while hunting in Wyoming.... the company has an interesting history too..... Everything I've ordered from them has been top quality.

Bucket

What's some gear y'all use from companies that we may not have heard of before?

I like fingerless wool gloves when hunting. I picked up some Fish Monkey gloves to use for fishing, but I really like using them for hunting so far too.

Thanks for posting those. I like fingerless gloves too and those look tougher than my first lite ones. Now they just need to be in stock!

eastTN270

I like the idea of lesser known companies, I just don't know of any. I would love to know of some companies that make quality clothing that isn't as expensive as there big names. It doesn't even have to be camo. I might be mistaken, but it seems that someone mentioned a couple years ago about badlands and black orvis merino. It was like $30 for a top or bottom. Now it's just as expensive as first lite or kuiu. I feel like nomad was the same way, lesser known and great price, but now up there with the others.

Tn_Va_Hunter

Just checked them out....look nice....and less than SmartWool.....thanks
Yes sir. Not to mention. You can wear them for days and they don't smell.
I like wearing a lighter sock in. Cooling off. Take the lighter socks off. Dry your feet. Put these on. And it's helped me more than anything. I don't double up socks. If causes blood flow to drop in your feet If there to tight. I wear these socks. Pair of 600 gram insulation boots. And on very cold days pack in my artic boot blankets.

Rakkin6

Some may have heard of this before but I talk to a lot of guys that haven't. But the IWOM is maybe the best piece of hunting equipment I have bought. Stops all the bulkiness of dressing in multiple layers. Sat out all day yesterday in just a lightweight base layer top and bottom and my regular hunting top and bottom that I would use early season and was toasty.

Latest posts