Legal time story

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
The following story is true but the names have been changed to protect the guilty. :rotf:

This happened a long time ago in Weakley County during muzzleloader season.
Characters are:
Ruger
Dale (a guy that had permission to hunt the same property)
Kenny (a doctor or lawyer from Nashville)

From this point they will be known as R, D & K

This was way back when the two way radios were all the rage and cell phones were non-existent.
It is about 5 minutes till end of legal shooting light.

BOOM!!
Radio cackles:
K was that you?
R yep.
K what ya get?
R doe.
K cool, I am gonna stay in the tree for a few minutes, there is a deer out in the field and it might get here before dark.
R ok.

At this point R gets down and starts field dressing the doe. This took approximately 20 minutes to get down and actually start the field dressing.

D pulls up on four wheeler.
D you get that?
R yep.
D where's your buddy?
R still in the tree.
D cool.

At this point it has gotten dark enough that R had to put his headlight on to finish field dressing the deer.

BOOOM!!!

D what tha ???
R what?
D did you not hear that?
R yep.
D what the ^&%*( is he doing?
R killin deer.
D I gotta go.
Zoom zoom.

R LMFAO!!! :rotf:
radio cackle
K hey.
R yeah, what ya get?
K dunno, too dark.
R :lol:
K I will holler when I get down.
R K

I can't remember if it was a doe or a buck but it made an entertaining story and has for a long time.
Best told over a cold drink with friends. :D

cfmartin1833

Reminds me of a story my dad tells about him ad 5-6 buddies being at a hunting camp about 40 years ago. They were all at their hunting camp and sitting around eating lunch and chewing the fat like we all do with the boys....noone had see a single deer all morning ( this was back when deer numbers were extremely low in their area). out of nowhere a doe steps out into the edge of the field that they are sitting. and since every one of them had an itchy trigger finger and their buds were twanging for some fresh tenderloin....they decided that they'd all take a shot. so they lined up and all fired at the same time. The doe stood there and looked in their direction and started trotting off down the tree line, and everyone of them commenced to shootin. After most of them had fired about 4-5 shots each the doe went down.....one of the guys yells..."I got'er boys! She's Mine!" My dad still laughs to this day every time he tells that story.

Latest posts