left over seed???

pass-thru

So I did my first plots this spring. I overestimated the acreage. I bought Imperial Whitetail Clover in the winter and planted about 5 weeks ago. Now I have enough left over for another 1-1.5 acre. How long will it last? I'm considering putting in a fall plot just to use it up.

BlountArrow

I have kept and used clover seed that was over 2 years old with no problems. I always seem to over estimate. I keep my left over seed in the bag, in a rubber maid trash can w/lid in a fairly cool dry place. Never had a problem doing this.

woodsman87

I had different clover seeds, and I just kept them in my house for 8-10 years and finally used em. I had clover come up everywhere.

BlountArrow

BSK said:
BlountArrow said:
I keep my left over seed in the bag, in a rubber maid trash can w/lid in a fairly cool dry place.

I've done this and had seed last for a decade.

Yeah I've definitely used seed that was at least 4 years old many times, but to those that would doubt me I figured 2 years was more believable ;) .

Boll Weevil

If you have space, put it in the deep-freezer. No joke; I have seeds (both hard coat and soft) that I have actually forgotten about in the freezer that germinate just like seeds I bought the day before.

Jarred525

Boll Weevil said:
If you have space, put it in the deep-freezer. No joke; I have seeds (both hard coat and soft) that I have actually forgotten about in the freezer that germinate just like seeds I bought the day before.
What he said.

Latest posts