Lee hand press?

Rancocas

Thank you.
I have a Dillon press and a lot of various RCBS dies. I also have a very old Lyman 310 tool, but the Lyman will not take the RCBS dies. I want a small, portable hand reloader that will use the dies I already have. I think the Lee hand press will do the job.
1658835410285.png

Omega

Thank you.
I have a Dillon press and a lot of various RCBS dies. I also have a very old Lyman 310 tool, but the Lyman will not take the RCBS dies. I want a small, portable hand reloader that will use the dies I already have. I think the Lee hand press will do the job.
View attachment 143629
The 310 tools do have different threads, and specific dies which do not fit on standard presses. I have a couple complete setups in 308, 223 and another caliber I can't recall right now, but they are in my SHTF kit along with some molds for those calibers. That Lee press works ok for a few cases here and there but my hands get cramped right quick, I would rather just mount a smaller press on a wooden plank I can clamp down somewhere, or get one of these bases if you do it often. I have Lee's portable bench with the bench block shown on the bottom, so I can theoretically use it just about anywhere by just putting the clamps where I want to use the press without the stand if needed.
iu

iu

Rancocas

The only dies (die) I have for my old Lyman 310 is .300 Savage. No, I do not have a rifle in that caliber. I do, however, use the 310 to decap brass.
These days I'm primarily a traditional muzzleloader and rarely do any reloading any more. I just want the Lee hand loader handy whenever I do want to make up a few or a dozen cartridges.

Omega

The only dies (die) I have for my old Lyman 310 is .300 Savage. No, I do not have a rifle in that caliber. I do, however, use the 310 to decap brass.
These days I'm primarily a traditional muzzleloader and rarely do any reloading any more. I just want the Lee hand loader handy whenever I do want to make up a few or a dozen cartridges.
I have a Lee universal decapper die that I decap all my brass with before I wet tumble, but I don't do any of it in the field so it's just one of the dies in a spare turret. I contemplated getting one of those hand held decappers like Frankfort Arsenal's but the whole hand cramp thing waved me off, but it looks to be a good piece of equipment.
iu

utvolsfan77

I contemplated getting one of those hand held decappers like Frankfort Arsenal's but the whole hand cramp thing waved me off, but it looks to be a good piece of equipment.
@Omega I've used one of those for almost three years now. It does a great job but can tire your hand out a bit if you're doing a few hundred cases. Even if you are, I have still found it to be much quicker than using a press mounted decapper. I'll sit down with a bucket of cases and a second empty bucket to deprime cases while I watch a movie. I'll then put batches of cases in my small FART and run it while I watch a second movie. And yes, I watch a third movie while running those deprimed and cleaned cases through a dehydrator to dry. That's my idea of multi-tasking. ;)

Omega

@Omega I've used one of those for almost three years now. It does a great job but can tire your hand out a bit if you're doing a few hundred cases. Even if you are, I have still found it to be much quicker than using a press mounted decapper. I'll sit down with a bucket of cases and a second empty bucket to deprime cases while I watch a movie. I'll then put batches of cases in my small FART and run it while I watch a second movie. And yes, I watch a third movie while running those deprimed and cleaned cases through a dehydrator to dry. That's my idea of multi-tasking. ;)
I would have to watch Game of Thrones the whole way through 🤣
aj2R7of.jpg

Latest posts