Lebanon, TN Winter Trout Fishing- Don Fox park

trealtree

I've been in discussion with TWRA since 2019 regarding adding Don Fox Park in Wilson County Lebanon, TN to the Winter trout program. This year it is finally happening! I am very excited that we will have an opportunity inside city limits to expose quite a few new people and youth to fishing and trout fishing. I have started a fundraiser to raise money to buy fishing gear and bait, hooks etc. for me to give out to new and youth fishermen that are actively fishing at the park this winter. December 7th is the first stocking day and I need 2 more shirt orders to ensure that the printing is funded, every shirt sold after 6 orders, the portion of the proceeds above the cost of the actual shirt printing will be sent to the youth gear fund. (I will make 0 profit, this is for the community) Please consider taking a look and place an order. Thanks!

Add to your Calendar- Stocking Event

Last edited:

TNReb

Saw this a little while ago. I guess the creek behind the park is bigger than I realized. Or are they being stocked in the kids splash pad? :D

Any chance some of these make it through Barton's Creek, into Old Hickory, and give the bass something new to eat? Catching bass on big trout glide bays like they do in California works be interesting. :D

Congrats for making this happen.

trealtree

Running into a few issues with the printing company requiring permissions to use logos. The shirt design may change a bit if I cant get approval from TWRA. No worries though I have a new design that looks pretty good too.

trealtree

Saw this a little while ago. I guess the creek behind the park is bigger than I realized. Or are they being stocked in the kids splash pad? :D

Any chance some of these make it through Barton's Creek, into Old Hickory, and give the bass something new to eat? Catching bass on big trout glide bays like they do in California works be interesting. :D

Congrats for making this happen.
I guess you haven't fished for trout in the wild trout streams in east tn, they don't need much water or even running water, just temperature below 70 degrees. I'm sure a few will get washed down during heavy rain. The small creek will definitely make for a unique fishing experience, compared to the other winter trout pond locations and large river stocking areas.

soggybottom

I have some fishing poles that I can give you.
My kids have out grow them and they are just sitting.
I'm assuming you're local around Lebanon area

If you're interested PM me and maybe we can meet up this weekend.

TNReb

I guess you haven't fished for trout in the wild trout streams in east tn, they don't need much water or even running water, just temperature below 70 degrees. I'm sure a few will get washed down during heavy rain. The small creek will definitely make for a unique fishing experience, compared to the other winter trout pond locations and large river stocking areas.
Never done any real trout fishing. I've seen the Caney when it's low, but it's still a lot bigger than the creek behind Don Fox. It should make for a great little spot for folks to catch some.

trealtree

I have some fishing poles that I can give you.
My kids have out grow them and they are just sitting.
I'm assuming you're local around Lebanon area

If you're interested PM me and maybe we can meet up this weekend.
Thanks, that would be great, I'll be hunting/camping at Cheatham this weekend so hopefully we can meet up another time.

WilcoKen

This is great news. What is the avg size of stockers? And is there a size limit? Trout fishing is new to me.

trealtree

Only 2 days left to buy a t-shirt/donate. Please share or place your order before these go to print. 9 sold so far and $58.59 dollars raised!

Latest posts