LEAVING THE STANDS OUT

DRSJ35

Wondering who takes there stands down after season.Or what do you do to them to try to prevent rust or theft.If you leave them on the tree.

Mike Belt

I've always pulled mine at the end of the season. I get longer life out of them that way. If they were in productive spots they may go back up in the same places. If not they'll get tweaked to a better spot.

ADR

Usually take mine down. Gives me time to inspect and repair or repaint if necessary. Very seldom do they go back in the exact same tree anyway.

Coker

Mike Belt":k1r5qjta said:
I've always pulled mine at the end of the season. I get longer life out of them that way. If they were in productive spots they may go back up in the same places. If not they'll get tweaked to a better spot.
X2

duckduck84

Ours have always been left up, but some of the ones on the field edges are wearing out. It wont matter much since we are going to shoot houses now. The few ones that I'll be putting up in the woods probably won't get taken down, but I'll loosen them a little to allow for tree growth.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

rem270

I've always left mine out. Some I'll take the seat off if that's an option. I ALWAYS replace or add a strap every year. Seeing someone fall from 20' up a tree because of a worn out strap was no fun.

csi-tech

We pull the pads/seats etc. but hey stay right where they are. We inspect the ratchet and cross straps every summer but that's it. I found that they are better off in the tree. I took one down and laid it sideways, water got in and rails split in freezing temps. Leave them up.

easy45

I leave mine out, I'll take my blind down but everything else is left out, I just go in before season and check them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts