Leases Wanted in southern Illinois for 2018

T

tncamoman

I am looking for deer hunting leases in Southern Illinois for the 2018 season. I would like to stay around Wayne, Clay, Marion, Lawrence, Jefferson and Hamilton counties if possible. If you have something to lease, sub-lease, club to join or know of anyone who can assist me with this please message me.
Thanks for your time!

M

Mike Belt

Lots of public land in S Illinois stretching from one side of the state to the other.

Jmed

Jmed

Yep. Shawnee is actually an easy place to find a secluded spot especially before the gun season starts. I used to hunt Pope & massaic counties and had some private in Hamilton/ white counties. It was great hunting but the closer drive and just as big of bucks in KY have kept me out of IL for many years.

T

tncamoman

I looked into Shawnee the other day for a couple of hours and read many articles and blogs concerning hunting there. I don't know the area and it might be different if I could hunt with someone who knew the ropes there some. It definitely seemed to be the place to bow hunt before all the gun hunters merged into it on one weekend. I'm going to dig deeper into it to see what the possibilities are. Might be worth taking a weekend or two during the summer to scout it out.

Rackseeker

Rackseeker

Back a few years ago you could buy plat books at the county court house. They showed all the tracts in that county and who owned them. That was the only way to know where the Shawnee property lines were. Because it is so broken up from small to large tracts. I'm sure there are better ways now to view the Shawnee property lines.

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
Rackseeker":2jg6g6xg said:
Back a few years ago you could buy plat books at the county court house. They showed all the tracts in that county and who owned them. That was the only way to know where the Shawnee property lines were. Because it is so broken up from small to large tracts. I'm sure there are better ways now to view the Shawnee property lines.

This is where a GPS with OnXmaps comes in. With the OnXmaps it not only shows all the property lines but it also shows the property owners names. My cousin had his farms surveyed and I took my GPS with OnXmaps around each farm and it was spot on the stakes the surveyors put in. If I was going up there I would get a OnXmap for the state of Illinois. Heck Southern Ill is right across the river from me and when I walk my dog to the top of the hill I can see it and the Ohio River.

https://www.onxmaps.com/

T

tncamoman

Wildcat":1y536aov said:
Rackseeker":1y536aov said:

This is where a GPS with OnXmaps comes in. With the OnXmaps it not only shows all the property lines but it also shows the property owners names. My cousin had his farms surveyed and I took my GPS with OnXmaps around each farm and it was spot on the stakes the surveyors put in. If I was going up there I would get a OnXmap for the state of Illinois. Heck Southern Ill is right across the river from me and when I walk my dog to the top of the hill I can see it and the Ohio River.

https://www.onxmaps.com/
Thanks......I may look into that GPS app.