Lease rates

Snake

4-5 or 6-9 Dollars?
According to the property . I wouldn't give anything in east Tennessee over $ 5 a acre and that would have to be a really good property. Roane County in certain places supposedly has a really good population of deer so that has alot of bearing to me also surrounding property has also a bearing to me .

SSlater

According to the property . I wouldn't give anything in east Tennessee over $ 5 a acre and that would have to be a really good property. Roane County in certain places supposedly has a really good population of deer so that has alot of bearing to me also surrounding property has also a bearing to me .
Ok. Thanks. We have lots of deer but that isn't worth the hassle for me.

Snake

Ok. Thanks. We have lots of deer but that isn't worth the hassle for me.
You could get high end for your property its according to alot of variables . Looking at it I could tell you more or what I would be willing to give but someone that has no where to hunt may give more you never know but having a lot of deer is king .

Last edited:

SSlater

You could get high end for your property its according to alot of variables . Looking at it I could tell you more or what I would be willing to give but someone that has no where to hunt may give more you never know but having a lot if deer is king .
I had some people asking to hunt here. I don't know them well and just wondered what the $ benefit vs. hassle would be. I just imagine issues. If I knew them better, I might consider it more.

Hduke86

I had some people asking to hunt here. I don't know them well and just wondered what the $ benefit vs. hassle would be. I just imagine issues. If I knew them better, I might consider it more.
Yea building a relationship is the best way to ease a property owners mind and building trust. If you feel uneasy about it or not 100% certain about it then trust your gut and tell them "no thanks". What they do next would be the bigger impression. Do they say thank you for the consideration. Do they offer to help around the property with no motives. Do they keep in touch during the off season.

SSlater

Yea building a relationship is the best way to ease a property owners mind and building trust. If you feel uneasy about it or not 100% certain about it then trust your gut and tell them "no thanks". What they do next would be the bigger impression. Do they say thank you for the consideration. Do they offer to help around the property with no motives. Do they keep in touch during the off season.
I haven't given them an answer yet. I think I'm just going to leave it in limbo for know and see if they approach me with something. I'm not necessarily opposed to things other than $. Just not interested in drama or a loose tung telling a buddy or relative and then I have trespassers and/or thieves. That's my biggest concern. They don't know exactly where I live. Just that I have land.

Snake

I haven't given them an answer yet. I think I'm just going to leave it in limbo for know and see if they approach me with something. I'm not necessarily opposed to things other than $. Just not interested in drama or a loose tung telling a buddy or relative and then I have trespassers and/or thieves. That's my biggest concern. They don't know exactly where I live. Just that I have land.
Anyway I can help let me know because there are some other things you need to consider before you allow others to access your property . Those I've leased from before I told them certain things even if we couldn't come to an agreement that they really needed to know to protect them . To me leasing or getting permission to hunt other people's property I needed to know first and foremost what the owner expected of me . Things they wanted , rules etc .up front because if I wasn't able to do what they expected then there was no use talking about the lease agreement part ($$$).

skipperbrown

If you lease, make sure you have them purchase a hunt club liability policy to protect you against any injury. You can find sample lease documents on the net that address when the club has access, what type vehicles can go where, camping on the property, number of hunters, etc.

SSlater

Anyway I can help let me know because there are some other things you need to consider before you allow others to access your property . Those I've leased from before I told them certain things even if we couldn't come to an agreement that they really needed to know to protect them . To me leasing or getting permission to hunt other people's property I needed to know first and foremost what the owner expected of me . Things they wanted , rules etc .up front because if I wasn't able to do what they expected then there was no use talking about the lease agreement part ($$$).
Shoot me a PM. If you're ever out this way, I'd love to show you the place and get you insight.

SSlater

Your land is in Roane Co . ? Know a friend that owns 100 acres in Roane .
Yes. I'm off 70 between Lenoir City and Kingston. Address is Kingston.

Your friend could be near me. There are still a few large parcels around here.