Layout blinds

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
So what is the most economical, highest quality layout blind out there?

Basically the cheapest that will be worth having.

Grnwing

Ruger,

I have found that spending a little money will go a long ways. I use the Cabela's Ultimate blinds. I have used the same 2 for 4 years now and they work great. They have a waterproof bottom that can be placed in 10 inches of water and still keep it out of the blind. The doors pop open nicely and it can be broken down and packed into a decoy bag for portage or folds in half easily with 2 straps. The brush straps work really well but it does take time to brush them in good. I start on the top of the doors and work my way down line by line to get a nice even coverage of whatever natural vegetation is available. Shooting from one can take a few shots to get used to. I have tried several less expensive ones but sent those back after poor performance. Hope this helps!

GUNNERX2

I've used a Avery Finisher for the last several years and am very pleased. I bought it on sale for about $200. The doors work well and doesn't take but a few moments to set up. Very roomy, you can put your blind bag inside while you hunt. Before the Finisher, I had an original Xlander and it was a good blind, about the most simple to set up and extremely low profile. My beef with it was that it didn't have framed doors and the wind could & would blow open.
What ever you choose, mix up dirt & water to mud it up, then use a product like Avery Killer Weed to camo and don't scrimp. You can't put on too much.
The phrase "Least expensive and highest quality" doesn't apply.

flyinpro

Thanks Ruger for asking the question into the gentleman who answered it. I about have enough Cabela's points again and was getting ready to order one. Don't really have a hunt planned yet, but just might drive out to West Tennessee for the giggles. Change jobs this year and it's thrown my fall off. Good luck everyone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts