Laurel hill 13 point

Knightonjd76

Well I tagged out state wide Tuesday morning with both of those being on public. I got to fill my second tag in 2 weeks at laurel hill this morning. Blessed is all I can say after this season. I made a lot of noise due to leaves an bumped some deer going in so once I got to my spot I hit a few grunts and tried to sound like a buck hitting a scrape. I hit my rattle bag at light an blew a deer off to the next ridge not seeing it. I waited afew minutes then hit a doe estrus bleat an grunt sequence. Couple minutes later a doe comes 90 to nothing over the ridge stops at 20 yards with him in tow. She blew at me when she saw me turn then he stopped behind a tree I knew he wasn't going nowhere so I stood up only seeing his gut to rear broadside I took a spine shot (first time every trying that) and here we are. He has a drop time right behind his right eye as well pretty cool buck. Probably the quickest hunt I've had. Time to help some buddies out on some does now.
That's a cool rack! Congrats man!!

BamerNTN

Well I tagged out state wide Tuesday morning with both of those being on public. I got to fill my second tag in 2 weeks at laurel hill this morning. Blessed is all I can say after this season. I made a lot of noise due to leaves an bumped some deer going in so once I got to my spot I hit a few grunts and tried to sound like a buck hitting a scrape. I hit my rattle bag at light an blew a deer off to the next ridge not seeing it. I waited afew minutes then hit a doe estrus bleat an grunt sequence. Couple minutes later a doe comes 90 to nothing over the ridge stops at 20 yards with him in tow. She blew at me when she saw me turn then he stopped behind a tree I knew he wasn't going nowhere so I stood up only seeing his gut to rear broadside I took a spine shot (first time every trying that) and here we are. He has a drop time right behind his right eye as well pretty cool buck. Probably the quickest hunt I've had. Time to help some buddies out on some does now.
Nice buck!

oldmanelrod

2-Step Enabled
Congrats!

Latest posts