Lauderdale, Lake, Dyer Declined Harvests

UpperTully

Hard to believe TWRA actually considered putting them in Unit L last year.

I sure hope our Commissioners and TWRA will make considerations to remove these counties from Unit L this upcoming year.

These graphs reflect the 2017 season up to 12/29/2017

Attachments

• 20171229104135.jpg
    20171229104135.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 546
  • 20171229111948.jpg
    20171229111948.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 539
  • 20171229112558.jpg
    20171229112558.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 537

Nsghunter

Re: Lauderdale, Lake Dyer Decline Harvests

What you are implying is that the harvest numbers are declining therefore you hope TWRA does not allow these counties to slip into unit L because unit L allows more harvests?

Is it possible that the decrease in harvests are from a decrease in hunting? In PA they supposedly "count" the herd year to year so they know how many antlerless licenses to allow for each Unit.

I'm not trying to be rude, I just wanted to be sure I understood what you are talking about. I don't understand why TWRA does much of anything they do. I have only hunted for a short period of time.

UpperTully

These counties have a vast amount of alluvial flood plain that mostly consist of extremely large agriculture fields with sporadic small blocks of timber. The few larger blocks of timber are WMAs or Federal Refuges. We were hit with 2 record book floods during 2011 and 2015. Not even 3 months after the more detrimental flood of 2015/2016, TWRA made the recommendation to the Commission to place these 3 counties in Unit L. We've lost a significant amount of deer over the years. These counties don't have the population to sustain such liberal doe harvests being in a recovery phase. Honestly, I don't think they can sustain it at full capacity.

DRSJ35

I live in greene county in east tn.You can sit for days before you see any deer.I wish they would do something to help us out.I know plenty of people that see the same thing.We also had EHD this year to top it off.I wish TWRA would do a county by county assessment a real one.but i would say if TWRA is worried about loss of money due to decrease in licenses.Because of a drop in the bag limit.I think they should be worried about people not buying licenses cause their sick of sitting day in and day out and not even seeing a deer.I love hunting and will never give up.But it does get old.

Andy S.

UpperTully":3bgqkv4z said:
These counties have a vast amount of alluvial flood plain that mostly consist of mostly extremely large agriculture fields with sporadic small blocks of timber. The few larger blocks of timber are WMAs or Federal Refuges. We were hit with 2 record book floods during 2011 and 2015. Not even 3 months after the more detrimental flood of 2015/2016, TWRA made the recommendation to the Comission to place these 3 counties in Unit L. We've lost a significant amount of deer over the years. These counties don't have the population to sustain such liberal doe harvests being in a recovery phase. Honestly, I don't think they can sustain it at full capacity.
Very well said, I could not agree more.

Ladys man

My wife is from dyersburg and her uncle allowed me to hunt his hunting property in lauderdale cty just outside of halls. When I first found out I could hunt (we go every thanksgiving) I was stoked an east side guy getting to hunt the very plentiful west side but as I started hunting it I found out it wasn't much different than the east side. Hunted last 5 out of 6 seasons I believe this was my first yr not hunting. I believe I've seen 6 deer killed one doe from the stand granted that's not putting in all day sits couple hrs a day but I was a lil disappointed but I've seen some of the sheds so I would agree with the better food sources they can grow bigger deer but I was disappointed in numbers I seen.

That's also with driving around and not seeing deer in the corn/bean fields also. This year we stayed at her grandmas house in Ripley I didn't see a single deer

So I agree with upper tulley

UpperTully

Re: Lauderdale, Lake Dyer Decline Harvests

PickettSFHunter":145p3ye5 said:
I can't believe Lake Co harvest is so low. It looks like a deer hunters paradise to me.

If it wasn't for Reelfoot, Lake Isom and a few private places on the river, Lake Co probably wouldn't have any deer.

Latest posts