Late season cameras

Shed Hunter

I haven't been putting my cams out lately so I was curious, at this time of year do you focus on scrapes, food source, travel routes etc.

BSK?

bowhunterfanatic

I'm not BSK but if you are hunting Henderson county I'd recommend putting them on scrapes still, assuming the rut takes place in the same general time frame as McNairy. My experience has shown that bucks will resume scraping activity after the first rut fairly heavily. It's not uncommon for me to actually find more scrapes after the initial rut is over.

Shed Hunter

bowhunterfanatic said:
I'm not BSK but if you are hunting Henderson county I'd recommend putting them on scrapes still, assuming the rut takes place in the same general time frame as McNairy. My experience has shown that bucks will resume scraping activity after the first rut fairly heavily. It's not uncommon for me to actually find more scrapes after the initial rut is over.

Our peak breeding started right at Thanksgiving and lasted just over a week before the scrapes were hit again. I put two cams on scrapes today. One is just a test to see what buck keeps making scrapes in my walk in path though.

thanks

BSK

I would keep some cameras on scrape through December. But the later in the season (post-rut) the more I move cameras to food sources.

Shed Hunter

BSK said:
I would keep some cameras on scrape through December. But the later in the season (post-rut) the more I move cameras to food sources.

I'll probably keep them on scrapes till season ends. After that I'll go to corn

Latest posts