Late Rut??

jard

I hunt in south williamson county and right on the Maury/MArshall County line near the duck river on 2 different farms. I saw no signs of chasing or the rut in November until right after thanksgiving. Lots of does grouped together and even bucks grouped together. Last week I went and saw new scrapes and rubs and watched a big 8 chase 3 does all over a field about 300 yards away over the property line where I cannot shoot or hunt. Is the rut late this year?? This is the first real sign of chasing that I have seen.

Boone 58

Late here in Wayne county, last year we had a lot of chasing during the two weeks of MZ. This year almost nothing but scent checking during that same time. Then it was two weeks ago we started seeing some chasing. This past week we have had some chasing, and a good deal of breeding. Little scraping now and a lot of does still to come into heat. Definitely a later rut this year and last year was weird...................and for you alsheimer haters, the "weird" year he predicted in his book. Go figure.

Latest posts