Late Afternoon Tom

WilcoKen

2B1F5AC8-585F-437F-90B5-5AA7FF2FF723.jpeg

Decided to head out around 4:30. Struck up 2 but the first had hens pull him away. Made a big circle back towards truck to see if I could pull one off the cool creek bottom. He gobbled a few times and must have been alone because he was to me in less than 10 minutes. Heard him drumming over the slight rise and there he appeared in full strut at 30 yards. Bare minimum of tools--My SuperMag, a box call and no decoy to slow me down. 1" Spurs, 10 inch beard. I'm quitting at 2 birds this year. Ready for deer and duck season lol.

WilcoKen

Well done. Also, kudos on choosing to stop at 2 as well as taking the minimalist approach to get it done. One of these days I'm gonna walk strike off into the hills with nothing but a single call and a shotgun.

One of these days.:cool:
Thanks--I am a marketer's nightmare. That box call isnt even on the market. My uncle's neighbor made it by hand and my uncle gave it to me as a gift.

CHRIS WILSON

Well done. Also, kudos on choosing to stop at 2 as well as taking the minimalist approach to get it done. One of these days I'm gonna strike off into the hills with nothing but a single call and a shotgun.

One of these days.:cool:
You should try it. The mobility and lack of lugging around extra crap is quite enjoyable.

Latest posts