Last Two Weeks of Bow Season!

UTGrad

Well it's upon us...some of the best times to be in the woods with a bow. Although I know many on here continue to hunt with a bow through the season, I will primarily hunt with a firearm once muzzleloader begins.

Good luck everyone!

TNDeerGuy

I primarily hunt with my bow, but 3 weeks ago something happened in my bow arm. Went to the doctor yesterday and it is something that I cannot pronounce and 3D season is now in jeopardy. :( Borrowed a flippin' crossbow to finish out archery season and then I guess I'll be blasting away the rest of the season. :mad:

cozy23

Uh oh! He's made the switch to crossbow! Hope your arm gets better man. Hopefully it will only be a short break from the bow.

UTGrad

TNDeerGuy said:
I primarily hunt with my bow, but 3 weeks ago something happened in my bow arm. Went to the doctor yesterday and it is something that I cannot pronounce and 3D season is now in jeopardy. :( Borrowed a flippin' crossbow to finish out archery season and then I guess I'll be blasting away the rest of the season. :mad:

Woah man...hope it gets better. Was it caused from shooting your bow?

TNDeerGuy

UTGrad said:
TNDeerGuy said:

Woah man...hope it gets better. Was it caused from shooting your bow?

Thanks. He couldn't tell me for sure, as I can't point out an exact moment the injury occurred, but shooting certainly isn't helping, the reason why I haven't shot in a little over 2 weeks, but picking up something as little as a cup of coffee isn't helping either. Basically, the main tendon that joins all of the lower arm and wrist muscles is what is injured, and anytime I move the forearm or wrist it feels like someone is sticking a knife in my elbow and it radiates down to my hand�as active as I am there is no telling how it happened. Guess that is what happens when you start creeping up on your mid-40's.

BigWes22

I hate that about the arm. I tried a crossbow last year for last season in Illinois killed a 128" 9point 1st evening in the stand, not a fan at all of a crossbow! Tried it once, never again! Unless I had an injury like the member above and just had to use 1

Frank G

TNDeerGuy said:
and by the way......crossbows suck period! :)
Hey TNDeer guy how old are you? I was an avid vertical until it was SS time. Just can't hold one back as long or stable. Pros and cons on both but without one, my broad head season would have been over.

DixieCrafter

TNDeerGuy said:

Say it ain't so! A crossbow? Ah, naw! Well the good news is that ASA does have a crossbow class! Terrible to get old! Dayum TNDeer Guy I didn't think you were that old! Lol!

woodsman87

TNDeerGuy said:
and by the way......crossbows suck period! :)

Please move to the crossbow forum.

haha kidding. Seriously, I hope it gets better. I pray and hope I get many more years of vertical bows.

TNDeerGuy

I ain't shooting a freaking crossbow class dadgumit�it's bad enough I'm having to use one of these blasted things for a week!!! LOL

Frank, I'm 43�about 40 years younger than Dixie! :D

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
For goodness sake don't complain about using one, you will offend someone.

Sorry about your arm man, I know how you feel.
Keep your thumb down, I promise you, it sucks even worse than the crossbow. :D

You guys need to check out Hickory Creek Archery on Youtube,
Draw loc is the way to go.
THey work great.

DixieCrafter

TNDeerGuy said:
Frank, I'm 43�about 40 years younger than Dixie! :D

Ouch, that dig hurt me to my soul! Just because I'm old enough to be yo daddy, don't mean you have to be disrespectful! But, I forgive you and being the kinda guy that I am I will help you carry your crossbow at the ASA ProAms!

I may even ask Roy Duncan, your Uncle Grumpy to build you a cart with wheels, that's it training wheels to aid and assist you in carrying your new crossbow!