Last day and no meat in the freezer.. Need advice!

droptyne

Im currently sitting overlooking mixed hardwoods in an area that I had seen lots of deer say 5 weeks ago. Because of sick kids and work I haven't been back since. I sat for 10 hrs yesterday and only saw squirrels and a bobcat. So far this morning I have only seen a raccoon, squirrels, and a bobcat. It's crazy about the bobcat because I had never seen one in the wild before, now I see one 2 days in a row. Anyways, I have a tr about 70 yds away and I noticed that it is being used again. It is also in a patch of hardwoods. I also have a small pond that sits in a pocket off from a big field. What do you guys think I should do with my options? Stay, move to the tr or sit at the pond. Thanks!

Crosshairy

I'd hunt near the field in the evening on a late season hunt based on my experience, but I don't know if the deer on your place follow the same pattern.

droptyne

Crosshairy said:
I'd hunt near the field in the evening on a late season hunt based on my experience, but I don't know if the deer on your place follow the same pattern.

That is what I was thinking, but I am far from a late season expert. I usually have meat in the freezer by this time, so I usually don't have to hunt closing weekend.

Boll Weevil

At this point I'd go to the deer...get up and walk. Keep the wind in your face as best you can, use your binocs, slip along, and TAKE YOUR TIME. If you get to a spot that "just feels right" sit awhile.

When your chance comes shoot straight, and best of luck to you.

Latest posts