Large black coyote

redblood

Supporter
Back when we were calling them every day off as the “Woodpile Boys” we killed more that i care to count. Id always make a point to weigh them. Most of our kills were 28 to 40 pounds

Ski

Supporter
This one came running in to rattling horns while I was deer hunting. I don't hunt coyotes but I kill one or two per year by happenstance like this one. I almost didn't shoot because I was afraid it was somebody's dog, but it had that unmistakable coyote gait. Never thought I'd ever take a coyote to the taxidermist but I did this one.

Attachments

• 20191203_094713.jpg
    20191203_094713.jpg
    580.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 20191203_095132.jpg
    20191203_095132.jpg
    575 KB · Views: 52
  • 20191203_094648.jpg
    20191203_094648.jpg
    643.8 KB · Views: 52

JN

This one came running in to rattling horns while I was deer hunting. I don't hunt coyotes but I kill one or two per year by happenstance like this one. I almost didn't shoot because I was afraid it was somebody's dog, but it had that unmistakable coyote gait. Never thought I'd ever take a coyote to the taxidermist but I did this one.
That is a pretty one to get mounted with the winter coat.

I had a coyote come into rattling once. I was so excited hearing something running to me in the woods and couldn’t believe this was actually working like you see on tv only to have a coyote appear.

backyardtndeer

That would be a very cool mount.

Gronkmonster

Pics of the mount?

GUNNERX2

I ran across a black one maybe 35 years ago in Bedford county while scouting for ducks. I was checking a hilltop pond and saw something black in the grass maybe 200 yards away. At 1st I thought it was just a piece of tar paper but looking through the cheap pair of binoculars I had, it looked more like a black angus calf. I was curious and walked over to see what it was. I got maybe 25 yards from it when it woke up from it's nap and hauled azz.

Latest posts