Large black coyote

redblood

Back when we were calling them every day off as the "Woodpile Boys" we killed more that i care to count. Id always make a point to weigh them. Most of our kills were 28 to 40 pounds

Ski

This one came running in to rattling horns while I was deer hunting. I don't hunt coyotes but I kill one or two per year by happenstance like this one. I almost didn't shoot because I was afraid it was somebody's dog, but it had that unmistakable coyote gait. Never thought I'd ever take a coyote to the taxidermist but I did this one.

Attachments

• 20191203_094713.jpg
    20191203_094713.jpg
    580.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 20191203_095132.jpg
    20191203_095132.jpg
    575 KB · Views: 99
  • 20191203_094648.jpg
    20191203_094648.jpg
    643.8 KB · Views: 102

JN

This one came running in to rattling horns while I was deer hunting. I don't hunt coyotes but I kill one or two per year by happenstance like this one. I almost didn't shoot because I was afraid it was somebody's dog, but it had that unmistakable coyote gait. Never thought I'd ever take a coyote to the taxidermist but I did this one.
That is a pretty one to get mounted with the winter coat.

I had a coyote come into rattling once. I was so excited hearing something running to me in the woods and couldn't believe this was actually working like you see on tv only to have a coyote appear.

backyardtndeer

That would be a very cool mount.

Gronkmonster

Pics of the mount?

GUNNERX2

I ran across a black one maybe 35 years ago in Bedford county while scouting for ducks. I was checking a hilltop pond and saw something black in the grass maybe 200 yards away. At 1st I thought it was just a piece of tar paper but looking through the cheap pair of binoculars I had, it looked more like a black angus calf. I was curious and walked over to see what it was. I got maybe 25 yards from it when it woke up from it's nap and hauled azz.

Swampster

My cameras showed skinny mangy looking coyotes this Spring and Summer. The ones getting their picture taken now look like fat German Shepherds.

Bell3wv

View attachment 161893

I don't know if it is an optical illusion or what but this yote seems to be larger than normal for this area. I have another property about 2-3 miles away that I have gotten pictures of a black coyote as well. I wonder if it could be the same one?

View attachment 161894
Where at in NETN? I shot this one a few yrs ago in Washington Co. That one looks huuuge.

Attachments

• 15 - 1..jpg
    15 - 1..jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 44