Land prices

rem270

rem270

Supporter
I know there was a thread a while back about them but couldn't find it. Went to an auction today in a small community where I own 87 acres. They were auctioning 166 acres in 17 different tracts. I was only interested in 1 tract and it's just 1 acre that borders mine giving me 88 acres. Luckily for me that piece was by itself and they wouldn't combine it if the bidding got that way. I went it high at $4,000 and got it. No one else bid. Once all the individual bids were done they started combining tracts. I've never been to an auction like this and was kind of comical to see these people (mostly farmers) compete against each other. Total value of property sold for 166 acres ended up at $1,136,000. 6 tracts sold as one and there were a few others that combined properties. If a farmer ever tells you they are broke I'd probably believe a story from a politician over that. They are doing just fine in their line of work.

Displaced_Vol

Displaced_Vol

All depends on the type of ground but if it were good crop ground I’m surprised $7k was all it brought.
Just cause somebody can finance a piece of ground don’t mean they’re sitting around all day counting profits. Counting margins maybe but I don’t know anybody around here that’s rolling in it with the way prices of everything are

PossumSlayer

PossumSlayer

Supporter
I’ve been eyeballing a small lot on the Pascagoula river to put my camper on. They appear to be 100’x60’ $8,000

Team Browning

Team Browning

I won't say what I paid for my acreage but it was very high. I'm ok with that. We spent a long time looking. It isn't getting any cheaper and they aren't making any more of it unless you live beside a volcano.

PossumSlayer

PossumSlayer

Supporter
I won't say what I paid for my acreage but it was very high. I'm ok with that. We spent a long time looking. It isn't getting any cheaper and they aren't making any more of it unless you live beside a volcano.
Or you can put a lot of dirt and rock on your land….

Sasquatch Boogie Outdoors

Sasquatch Boogie Outdoors

On the upper east side it doesn't matter if its farm land or rock piles, those who are migrating from other states buy whatever is available and for whatever the price. We cant afford our own land up here. 6k per acre would get snatched up like a pitbull on a ham bone.

Snowwolfe

Snowwolfe

2014 we paid $4k an acre for our land. The lot (8 acres) the connects to ours just sold for $26K an acre. And it was a local who bought it. He had to clear off a condemned house before building a new house. Building costs in our area for a nice brick home are now running $300 a square foot.