Land prices Haywood County thanks Ford

DaveB

DaveB

Asking 889,000 for 24.6 acres on (or just off) highway 64 in Fayette county.

Not me, it came in an email today.

I own 24.6 acres in Fayette county. Flat. No erosion or standing water.

I may own a '40 sooner than I thought.

B

BlackBelt

Asking 889,000 for 24.6 acres on (or just off) highway 64 in Fayette county.

Not me, it came in an email today.

I own 24.6 acres in Fayette county. Flat. No erosion or standing water.

I may own a '40 sooner than I thought.
Thats like $36k an acre!
Absolutely crazy.
I would sell in a minute.
Here's the thing about the new Ford plant...they are building a factory to make trucks that there are only a very small market looking for them. An electric pickup is just not going to be accepted by folks that religiously use pickup trucks. At least not for a long long time.
And when the political winds change and oil gets cheap again it will be tough to sell practical and pragmatic truck users an electric truck.
I would sell my property now for crazy dollars because when/if Ford decides to abandon and streamline their truck line to what has the most demand (petrolium powered) they will abandon that plant in a heartbeat.
If I were a gambling man I would bet on that outcome.

Snowwolfe

Snowwolfe

Thats like $36k an acre!
Absolutely crazy.
I would sell in a minute.
Here's the thing about the new Ford plant...they are building a factory to make trucks that there are only a very small market looking for them. An electric pickup is just not going to be accepted by folks that religiously use pickup trucks. At least not for a long long time.
And when the political winds change and oil gets cheap again it will be tough to sell practical and pragmatic truck users an electric truck.
I would sell my property now for crazy dollars because when/if Ford decides to abandon and streamline their truck line to what has the most demand (petrolium powered) they will abandon that plant in a heartbeat.
Did you know Ford shut down the order process for the electric F150 after 200,000 people placed orders for one? There are a ton of techies with a bunch of money lined up to buy EV’s. Vast majority of light truck owners just use them for daily drivers.

C

Chiflyguy

Did you know Ford shut down the order process for the electric F150 after 200,000 people placed orders for one? There are a ton of techies with a bunch of money lined up to buy EV’s. Vast majority of light truck owners just use them for daily drivers.
The F150 Lightning has a starting price of $75000
I know guys that put a $100 deposit down and aren’t gonna buy it.
$75000 for a vee-hicle?
Not this guy.

Bambi Buster

Bambi Buster

.......Here's the thing about the new Ford plant...they are building a factory to make trucks that there are only a very small market looking for them. An electric pickup is just not going to be accepted by folks that religiously use pickup trucks. At least not for a long long time.

BigAl

BigAl

I can't wait for a Chinese-owned battery plant to open up 12 miles from where I hunt and fish
I know its not good for everyone. But West, TN overall? The area? Lots of jobs, lots of money, even locals benefiting from the increased land prices. For a couple of years I actually hunted the land where part of the site lands, but it wasn't the best hunting in the world.

TAFKAP

TAFKAP

I know its not good for everyone. But West, TN overall? The area? Lots of jobs, lots of money, even locals benefiting from the increased land prices. For a couple of years I actually hunted the land where part of the site lands, but it wasn't the best hunting in the world.

You’re right. If it suits the economy’s common good, let’s roll over and let the Chi-coms have 10,000 acres of TN. If it doesn’t affect you personally, what’s it matter?

BigAl

BigAl

You’re right. If it suits the economy’s common good, let’s roll over and let the Chi-coms have 10,000 acres of TN. If it doesn’t affect you personally, what’s it matter?
Well, I'm in Fayette Co, so it could affect me personally. I still consider Ford an American co, or more American than Chinese. Would you rather this be built in China and the jobs go there?

TAFKAP

TAFKAP

Well, I'm in Fayette Co, so it could affect me personally. I still consider Ford an American co, or more American than Chinese. Would you rather this be built in China and the jobs go there?

Ford isn’t the problem. The Chinese battery plant that’s feeding batteries to the electric trucks nobody wants.

TDEC isn’t interested in protecting the surrounding area. Chi-Coms won’t take care of it. Byproducts of battery production will affect the surrounding area for generations

B

BSK

I find this very difficult to comprehend
In my area, 10 years ago, rural land prices for large chunks of land (hundreds to over a thousand acres) were around $1,200/acre. Then we went through a brief spike where they jumped up to $1,800 to $2,000/acre. Now they are generally back around $1,200/acre. I've seen big chunks of timber land not sell at $800/acre.

Chaneylake

Chaneylake

In my area, 10 years ago, rural land prices for large chunks of land (hundreds to over a thousand acres) were around $1,200/acre. Then we went through a brief spike where they jumped up to $1,800 to $2,000/acre. Now they are generally back around $1,200/acre. I've seen big chunks of timber land not sell at $800/acre.
thank you for the information.

it's still amazes me how much variance there can be in $ cost per acre

C

Chiflyguy

We need to stop building new factories and utilize the existing. Retool.
Why not build electric cars in Detroit?
Surprised someone don’t scream racism.

ttf909

ttf909

Supporter
We need to stop building new factories and utilize the existing. Retool.
Why not build electric cars in Detroit?
Surprised someone don’t scream racism.
My assumption the labor is theoretically cheaper down here vs northern states. Unions there but lazy ars no working here . So the companies will have to import workers . 🙄

B

BlackBelt

So I pay for a product and they tell me what I can’t do with it?
Lol
People who bought Teslas are learning that they dont actually own the car parts outright. Tesla still owns the battery and other technology on the car. The buyer is just allowed to use it. If it breaks the owner cannot keep the bad part/s.
One step closer to the big progressive plan of "you will own nothing, and you will like it."