Land prices Haywood County thanks Ford

C

Cache

Good grief. I’ve been looking for land for a few years now. I think they’ve just about priced me out of being able to afford anything in west TN.
Is that offer solely based on proximity to the Ford plant?

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
Well I guess not! Hahahhahaha

But how does that happen if you are a common guy and squeezed the funds to buy property and now the county wants taxes paid at 7 million a year ?
I would say you pony up or sell and move.

B

BSK

I keep hearing about crazy land prices in TN, but thankfully, that trend hasn't hit my area. Yet. You can still buy land at the same per-acre price as 10 years ago.

B

BlackBelt

If you are looking for reasonably priced land, look in Hardeman, McNairy and Hardin Counties. Im sure there are others, but I am familiar with those.
The big bonus is that you will have to shoo away the deer to look at those properties.
Just type it into the MLS or google 'properties for sale' in the county of choice. They will even let you put in your price limits and just send you those in your budget.
Just a word of advice--TN is the 3rd most 'moved to' state in the US in the last year. That is not going to slow down. Buy your property now or pay through the nose later when supply is even shorter.

Last edited: