Ladder stand recomendations

upatree

Hey folks, Im looking to get several ladder stands that are comfortable for a guy with a bad back. i have several with the steel mesh seat with a cushion, just kills me sit very long. Any rec would be great.

gatodoc

Buy a two man stand with a steel mesh seat and cushion. Cut a piece of plywood the size of the seat. Attach a seat swivel from Wal-Mart to the plywood. Attach whatever boat seat you find comfortable. Strap the plywood to the steel mesh with 2 ratchet straps....

scn

There are several high dollar ladderstands out there that have sling type seats. But, I would bet that you will lose some durability if those stands/seats were left out in the weather for extended periods.

A Summitt Trophy Seat (and I bet GNB could find you one) is very comfortable. Attach it to the tree where it hangs just above the metal seat and you will be good to go. They are light, easy to strap on a tree, and pretty portable. This seat will give you the option of using any of the mesh stands and save major dollars on the stands.

Frank G

One of the most comfortable (well 6) are the big game, with swivel seats. The seat and back are sprung with bungy cord. Have lasted over 4 years now, but I do take them in during off season. A number of others are all two man with expanded metal seats. I use a boat "throw" type cusion (camo pattern) they last the best because of the UV Inhibitor for boating use, they are rather thick but extremely comfortable. They have arm loops for flotation, easy to sling over shoulder.

scn

You may alo want to look at the Summit Surround Seat that GNB is selling right now. I suspect with its thick cushion and back rest it might make the mesh type stands much more comfortable.

Latest posts