• Help Support TNDeer:

KY speedway= Ford parking lot

TNGunsmoke

Saw that Ford has announced and will unveil the all electric F150 Lightening work truck next Sunday. From what I have seen, starting price is gonna be around $70,000.

Dear automakers, how about manufacturing a truck that don't cost more than I paid for my house.

Gravey

Saw that Ford has announced and will unveil the all electric F150 Lightening work truck next Sunday. From what I have seen, starting price is gonna be around $70,000.

Dear automakers, how about manufacturing a truck that don't cost more than I paid for my house.
My first house in 1996 was $70,000. Truck prices have gone stupid!

BigAl

I ordered an F150 truck in the middle of January. I didn't even get a VIN for the truck until late April. Scheduled to be built in Dearborn late may, but that will be probably be pushed back. After shipping delays, I don't expect to get the truck until middle of the summer.

eddie c

I ordered an F150 truck in the middle of January. I didn't even get a VIN for the truck until late April. Scheduled to be built in Dearborn late may, but that will be probably be pushed back. After shipping delays, I don't expect to get the truck until middle of the summer.
Ran into a friend 2weeks ago that ordered a new truck. When he asked when he can expect it he salesman said " 4 weeks, 4 months or sometime in 2022". He ended up buying one of two off the lot.

NICHOLS3

One of my insureds just bought a Dodge truck he paid 85k for last month and some guy offered him 110K for it. I would be like sold but he isnt selling..crazy times

Hunter 257W

Yeah, I don't get what we've gained with the new trucks and all their hopelessly complicated controls over my old 64 Chevy 4WD. Mine does have electronic ignition but other than that there are zero electronics. A dirt common 350 Chevy, 8.4:1 compression, small Edelbrock 4 barrel carb (600 cfm) with cast iron manifolds and dual exhaust. 4.10 differential gears with 33x12.50 tires. I get 14+ mpg. I hear people say all the time that they get 16mpg in their new "more efficient" trucks. I paid $3,400 for mine.....they pay 20 or more times more than that and only get 2 mpg better mileage? I don't get it. I can easily diagnose problems when they occur and fix or modify mine without any electronic tester telling me what the problem is. Plus all the new trucks are ugly as mud compared to those old Chevys. :) Not that I'm biased or anything. 😁

I hear these same complaints all the time so not sure why manufacturers can't build a simple truck again.

Rackseeker

Yeah, I don't get what we've gained with the new trucks and all their hopelessly complicated controls over my old 64 Chevy 4WD. Mine does have electronic ignition but other than that there are zero electronics. A dirt common 350 Chevy, 8.4:1 compression, small Edelbrock 4 barrel carb (600 cfm) with cast iron manifolds and dual exhaust. 4.10 differential gears with 33x12.50 tires. I get 14+ mpg. I hear people say all the time that they get 16mpg in their new "more efficient" trucks. I paid $3,400 for mine.....they pay 20 or more times more than that and only get 2 mpg better mileage? I don't get it. I can easily diagnose problems when they occur and fix or modify mine without any electronic tester telling me what the problem is. Plus all the new trucks are ugly as mud compared to those old Chevys. :) Not that I'm biased or anything. 😁

I hear these same complaints all the time so not sure why manufacturers can't build a simple truck again.

I love old trucks also but when is the last time you hooked to a loaded down trailer and drove 500-600 miles in that '64 chevy ?

Latest posts