KY quota buck

PickettSFHunter

Got a nice buck on a Kentucky public land quota hunt. Back when I drew the hunt in the Summer, I picked out a good terrain feature on the map, marked it, and headed into it this Friday morning. Friday was very windy and rainy, I ended up seeing a 6 pt and 2 does on an all day sit. This morning, I was a bit discouraged but decided to trust my original spot and went right back to it. I saw a spike early and then this buck came running a doe at full speed around 0730. Luckily he stopped at around 150 yards through the timber and gave me a small hole to shoot. Also luckily, he stopped to where I could take a rest on the tree in my saddle. After the shot, I ended up seeing 4 more bucks on that does trail including an even bigger buck! It was unreal at how the switch just flipped. First Kentucky deer but I will be back, the one buck limit makes even public land hunters so selective, even when they aren't required to be. Night and day difference from what I'm used to. Weight was 145 dressed.
F269D114-FF55-4143-8D6D-47C82D8B78F5.jpeg

SwampChicken

67579AA9-294C-49CA-8658-EE365D75F4E4.jpeg
Nice work! Got my first KY buck out there today in the quota as well. Had seen a couple other smaller bucks this am and at 9 this fella was hot on a does trail, it happened quick like. After I shot him two other bucks came in and worked a scraped right under my saddle. It was night and day compared to the two deer I saw yesterday during an all day sit. Had a bruiser walk up behind me last night and bust me at 15 yards right after that cold wind and rain let up, he was a dandy.

Last edited:

Latest posts