Sold/Expired Knoxville to Hardin worth the drive.

Frank G

I met Frank S last season thru White Tail Slam. He's from Knoxville (guess no deer in east TN) made the drive here with high hopes. For 3 days I had him in my go to stands. You guessed it, he only saw a couple and those were flying by his stands. We took deer on both sides, he didn't score (2012). He called and asked if he could come back this season, no question come on back. The image posted is from yesterday 1/4/2014. The wind for the past few days tended to slow movement down. Frank picked the stand he wanted to hunt (the next post will show why) he saw 1 or 2 deer with no shot. Well yesterday here they came, total he saw 6, 1 spike and 5 doe. He would have doubled AGAIN if not for a mis fire on the first group. His wife told him he can't come home with out fresh venison (ha) she said it was OK now.

Frank G

Here's why Frank S wanted to make the drive from Knoxville again, this is early in gun season. He wanted/asked to go back and hunt the "Hole" stand, anyone wonder why? I think he will make the drive again next season. If it wasn't for the mis fire yesterday he would have had another double. He hunts with a 30.6 Springfield his wife gave him 45 years ago. Maybe time to purchase new ammo (ha). We may change the name of the Hole to Knoxville stand!

Diehard Hunter

What a small world. Pretty sure I know him. I went to school with his daughter. He was/is a paramedic/reserve police officer isn't he? If that is who I think it is, he saved a classmate of mine from choking in the cafeteria in elementary school. He was a teacher. I can't spell his last name, but it is a good Italian one isn't it?

Frank G

100% correct Diehard, the sheriffs department in Knoxville, was a vice/or principle for a number of years as well. Yes again, he is Italian. I don�t want to post his name here but it does begin with an �S�. Are you from east TN? It is a small world. He pulled out about 8:30 CST, depending on road conditions should be getting home about now. His wife did say it was snowing at home, it was 45* here when he left. They�re talking single digits here tonight. Told Frank to get back on line and check, I posted his images and short story. To bad about the miss-fire, have had it happen to me twice different calibers. I do tend to get excited when a guest bags one/two here at the lease as a guest. Had a good fall season myself: a 6 an 8 and 11, 6 doe, a turkey, bobcat and a coyote. On a guide hunt with a youngster scored a nice spike. Leave Frank a note.

Frank G

Deer Assassin said:
Congrats to him. Looks like a good time by all

Oh yes Deer Assassin, nothing better then having a guest score. Well, guiding a Juvy on his first deer hunt and scoring a nice spike is right up there as well.

Diehard Hunter

Yep, that's him. I will probably see him at one of the lady vols games. He works them on occasion. He is always at the parking lot I use. I will tell him congrats on a fine hunt next time. See him.

BTW, I am from Knoxville. Next time you talk to him ask if he remembers saving the child at Sterchi elementary. Frank is a fine fellow. His daughter is very nice as well.

Deer Assassin

Frank G said:
Deer Assassin said:
Congrats to him. Looks like a good time by all

Oh yes Deer Assassin, nothing better then having a guest score. Well, guiding a Juvy on his first deer hunt and scoring a nice spike is right up there as well.
i agree 100 %

funny thing late season i go out east i was sucessful the last two years but this year came up short but i enjoy the company of hunting with old friends and new friends that make the trip worth while

Frank G

Diehard Hunter said:
What a small world. Pretty sure I know him. I went to school with his daughter. He was/is a paramedic/reserve police officer isn't he? If that is who I think it is, he saved a classmate of mine from choking in the cafeteria in elementary school. He was a teacher. I can't spell his last name, but it is a good Italian one isn't it?

Frank S just sent me a note: Screen name TNHunter2521, can't find him, did search NADA.

TNHunter2521

Hello....and yes I remember doing that at Sterchi Elementary. The students last name was Morgan. I believe his first name was Johnny He had two sisters that were in my classroom Janie was one they were twins. Diehard my hunts have been great. Frank G and the others in the group are a great group of hunters and conservationist. They work to improve the hunting grounds with food plots and tree stands that afford great shooting. I am planning on returning next season. BTW DIEHARD I will be working the LADY VOLS game this week. Stop and chat.

TNHunter2521

DIEHARD.... the trip from Knoxville is worth the drive. It isn't really a bad drive. I will warn you Savannah TN is not a hot spot of activity. Nice and quiet....

Latest posts