Knight Disc Extreme bolt

Charger

My son rifle came in the mail and we was getting it set up and went to put the bolt in and it's hard to pull the bolt up after we fired it.
Is this a common issue with Knight bolts?
Is there a break in that it has to go thru?
My Knight original and elite was never this hard.

Grill-n-man

Yes that is common. Some are a little tighter than others. I'm assuming you have the FPJ one. Closing the bolt is seating the FPJ onto the nipple. If you notice the lip on the front of the bolt and it's relation to where the FPJ sets you'll see that the bolt lip is to pull the FPJ off the nipple. Also when fire raising the bolt handle is resetting the bolt to fire again or "cocking the gun". It's just like bolt action rifles, when fired lifting the bolt handle recooks the gun. It may break in some may not. My wife and son have a disk extreme and have a mountaineer but have also hade a disk extreme and ultra lite. Some with the FPJ and 2 with the bare primer and all are tite pulling the bolt handle up after firing. Problem most have with this action is not realizing these things are built like a tank and the bolt throw is like a regular bolt on a center fire. They lock up hard and solid. I've seen people struggling with the bolts on these guns just like people struggling with bolts on centerfires. And I'll give you the same advice I give them. Grab the dang thing pull it up and back you ain't going to hurt it. It's a piece of steel that just had an explosion go off in front of it and you ain't going to hurt it.

GMB54

Take your bolt apart. Knight has a video on Youtube. Its super simple without tools. Put a tiny bit of lubricant where you see the internals rubbing the bolt housing. Its all at the rear of the bolt assembly so you can pretty much use whatever you want. Even a moly type paste.

I would also HIGHLY recommend ditching them red plastic jackets. The bare primer conversion from Lehigh Defense is $31 and about $8 shipping for the 2 parts needed. Its a new 17-4 ss breach plug with vent liner and an adapter that goes in the bolt body.

4 extra vent liners if you shoot a lot would bring is up to about $60 shipped

Latest posts