Killer Instinct owners....

Grizzly Johnson

For those who own the Killer Instinct brand crossbow... (I have read several threads already) are you very satisfied with your purchase and how quiet do they to shoot? Thanks in advance....

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
I'm quite satisfied with mine, but I wouldn't exactly call it quiet. String hitting the stop is noticeable, but that is with me behind it. I have not listened to someone else shoot one to know how it sounds from a different angle.

Last edited:

Mike F

It's reasonably quiet, but not silent. I've had some problems with mine, first day out the stock cracked where the pistol grip attaches. I sent the stock back and KI sent me a new one, which UPS then lost. To be fair to KI they shipped another one, then UPS found the original lost one and delivered the two on the same day last week!

Reassembled the unit and took it out yesterday. After about 15 bolts one of the limbs cracked. Again TBF to KI I called them first thing this morning and they are shipping a new front end straightaway without me shipping the original back. They also told me to keep the spare stock for parts. At least I should be good for the velvet hunt.

I reckon I got a lemon but they are standing behind their product and making it right.

dpmiller613

I'm surprised you had trouble with your KI. I bought a Ripper 425 this year and so far, on targets I like it. It does sound a little noisy from the back end but my observation is that, unless you're trying to kill at 75-100 yards, the bolt will arrive before a deer can react. So far very accurate and consistent. I had to buy a cranker, not because of any problem with the bow, just that my old worn out shoulders can't handle a lot of pulling on the rope cocker. If anyone wants to buy a cranker, DO NOT waste your money with KI. CenterPoint has a cranker, AXCCRANK, that works perfectly for the bows with the mil spec stock tube and they're at least $40 cheaper.

Mescalero

It's reasonably quiet, but not silent. I've had some problems with mine, first day out the stock cracked where the pistol grip attaches. I sent the stock back and KI sent me a new one, which UPS then lost. To be fair to KI they shipped another one, then UPS found the original lost one and delivered the two on the same day last week!

Reassembled the unit and took it out yesterday. After about 15 bolts one of the limbs cracked. Again TBF to KI I called them first thing this morning and they are shipping a new front end straightaway without me shipping the original back. They also told me to keep the spare stock for parts. At least I should be good for the velvet hunt.

I reckon I got a lemon but they are standing behind their product and making it right.
Good to know. My Boss 405
Just showed up today.

Savage Knight

I bought a speed 425 last year. Sitting behind it, it seems loud but if you are off to the side the bolt is already to the target before you hear it. Sucker shoots HARD!

Mescalero

I'm not a KI owner, but I'm in the market for a crossbow and have been doing a ton of research. I ruled out KI after finding out that they are made in Taiwan. I've narrowed my choice down to Wicked Ridge and Barnett. Both are American made.
I didn't know that before I bought my Boss 405. I respect your principles. Taiwan isn't China, unless you ask China. And it's also not the USofA. I get that.

I can say, however, it shot sweet today sighting it in and I'm pleased.

Hope you find one you like. I really enjoyed shooting a crossbow for the first time today. One recommendation. Get a crossbow target as well.

Spurhunter

I didn't know that before I bought my Boss 405. I respect your principles. Taiwan isn't China, unless you ask China. And it's also not the USofA. I get that.

I can say, however, it shot sweet today sighting it in and I'm pleased.

Hope you find one you like. I really enjoyed shooting a crossbow for the first time today. One recommendation. Get a crossbow target as well.
We buy stuff made in China or Taiwan every day. A lot of times we have no choice. In a case like this where I am can support an American company making a quality product in American factories with competitive prices I try do that. Sometimes it's hard to tell. Companies can be very misleading with the "American company" with American addresses and no mention of where the factory is. I give credit to KI for being honest on their website and stating that the crossbows are made in Taiwan. Good luck with your purchase and hope to see a pic of a big ol buck you killed with it this year!

I'm not a KI owner, but I'm in the market for a crossbow and have been doing a ton of research. I ruled out KI after finding out that they are made in Taiwan. I've narrowed my choice down to Wicked Ridge and Barnett. Both are American made.
Good choice. My limb on my KI busted during a western hunt. Customer service is non existent.

Latest posts