Killer Instinct Boss 405 review

TNGunsmoke

I bought one of these a couple weeks ago. I have to say, I'm impressed. I took my time getting it sited in over a couple of evenings. Only ruined one bolt, and that was the first shot, because it was 8 inches low and blew threw a 2x6 at the bottom of the target stand and buried up in a second one 3 inches behind it. Trigger is nice and crisp at 3.5 pounds. the scope that comes in the package deal is not terrible, red or blue lighting if you want it, and the hash marks are pretty well dead on. 20 yard zero, and 30/40/50/60 lines are dead on. 220# draw, but the rope makes it doable easily enough. Crank cocker is supposed to be available on Sept 1, and I have one ordered. That should make it even easier. I am well pleased with it. Starting to have some issues in my right shoulder/upper arm and drawing the compound is getting harder to do. Don't know if it's a pulled muscle, if I've torn something, or if I'm just getting old, but this will keep me in the stand during archery season for years to come. Ready to shoot package was $299.99 at Rural King.

dpmiller613

Supporter
Couple of tips, I bought a Ripper 425 in May, have the same issue with shoulders at 77, can't pull like I used to. Had a beef with KI over selling a bow without the accessories. I bought a CenterPoint cranker off Amazon for $65.00. It is identical to the incorrect one KI sold me except it has the adapter that mounts to the stock tube on the bow. Save yourself $40+ and aggravation and order it from CenterPoint. It's called a Power Draw Model AXCCRANK. By the way, my Ripper is excellent, very accurate, consistent, and if you're foolish enough to shoot multiple bolts at on bull you can lose a lot of money on destroyed bolts very quickly.

TNGunsmoke

After shooting a doe with it opening day using a Grim Reaper expandable, I switched out to fixed blade Slick Trick(because I already had them). Head didn't open, I did recover the deer, full pass thru helped, but not much of a blood trail. I think the BOSS is just fast enough that if you don't hit a bone, it doesn't have enough wing to catch on just hide and deploy. If I get to shoot another with it we'll see how well these do.

Snake

Supporter
I bought one of these a couple weeks ago. I have to say, I'm impressed. I took my time getting it sited in over a couple of evenings. Only ruined one bolt, and that was the first shot, because it was 8 inches low and blew threw a 2x6 at the bottom of the target stand and buried up in a second one 3 inches behind it. Trigger is nice and crisp at 3.5 pounds. the scope that comes in the package deal is not terrible, red or blue lighting if you want it, and the hash marks are pretty well dead on. 20 yard zero, and 30/40/50/60 lines are dead on. 220# draw, but the rope makes it doable easily enough. Crank cocker is supposed to be available on Sept 1, and I have one ordered. That should make it even easier. I am well pleased with it. Starting to have some issues in my right shoulder/upper arm and drawing the compound is getting harder to do. Don't know if it's a pulled muscle, if I've torn something, or if I'm just getting old, but this will keep me in the stand during archery season for years to come. Ready to shoot package was $299.99 at Rural King.
I bought the exact same Xbow and for the price can't beat it . Pushing 400 fps pretty quite as well very pleased .

Trophy of the moment

• Trophy by Shannon Boyer
    "I was using rattling horns, and a grunt call, and he just came right...
    • Shannon Boyer
    • Updated:

Latest posts