Killed my best bow buck and target buck Saturday!(story adde

chebuck

Re: Killed my best bow buck and target buck Saturday!

Andy S.":dq1d53ls said:
Helluva of a buck Chris, congrats. I think you got your money's worth out of that Covert. :)

Yes Andy, TNDEER family has done me well! I bought the bow from simpleman2 and the cell camera from you. Both helped in me harvesting such a great animal. I'm thinking of letting that sticker buck walk he may blow up next year. What do you think?

Os2 Outdoors

Good job Chris!!! He's way more impressive in person!!

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

easy45

Great buck, you have to post the back story and the story of the hunt for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMarshall

Great deer and great shot! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simpleman.2

chebuck":26vrnfwz said:
Andy S.":26vrnfwz said:
Helluva of a buck Chris, congrats. I think you got your money's worth out of that Covert. :)

Yes Andy, TNDEER family has done me well! I bought the bow from simpleman2 and the cell camera from you. Both helped in me harvesting such a great animal. I'm thinking of letting that sticker buck walk he may blow up next year. What do you think?

Awesome man!!! Great to hear you harvested him with the bow! Congrats!

chebuck

easy45 said:
Great buck, you have to post the back story and the story of the hunt for us

I've never been good at writing but I'll try.

The first time I got a pic of this deer was in February before he shed last years antlers. I knew then he was mature and I set a goal to keep him around and kill him with a bow. So the first thing I did was start breaking up some ground in March for a food plot. After a couple of weeks of going back and forth on what to plant. I decided to go with alfalfa because it is a perennial crop that should be there upto 7 years. So I ordered a bag and got it planted mid April. The plot came up great but the deer were keeping it grazed to short. So I then I put an electric fence up. Which worked great after 3 weeks it was nearly knee tall. I took the fence back down and 3 weeks later it was 3-4 inches tall again. Anyways back to the buck. I started getting pics of him in early July and watched him grow. By late August I knew this was the buck I wanted he was bigger bodied and more mature than anything else I had on camera.

On August 30 I put the electric fence back up to stockpile some of that alfalfa for season. Then it got dry. The alfalfa stayed green but just didn't grow much. I took the fence down the September 19th and it was only 9 inches tall. Where useally it would be 20 inches or so in that time. I moved the cell camera over the plot and in anticipation of deer whereing it out. But for some reason I failed to turn it on though. On Friday I decided to go down and watch from the next hill with a spotting scope and see if my plan was going to come together. It was misting rain, but I did get a glimpse of him right before dark in an old clover plot in the same field as the alfalfa. So to insure that we would get a chance at him before he just disappears like all mature bucks seem to do about this time of the year I decided to put a good buddy of mine in a stand over the old clover plot and I'd sit over the alfalfa Saturday afternoon.

Well we climb up about 2 o'clock Saturday evening and about 2:30 I put my earphones on. Cause I gotta listen to the game. Lol. At 3:30 my buddy text me and says turkeys headed your way. I take my earphones off and get ready 3 hens come around the corner I draw and then clunk. My earphones fall to the ground. The hens start a fast walk and I shoot just in front of one at 30yds. Then about 5:30 it starts raining and I'm talking coming down in sheets. Well that last until about 6. The flood gates opened with deer as soon it quit. 5 does come in from behind me. A doe and little buck are headed in from infront of me. The little buck makes it in to the plot and starts feeding to the right. I look away for just a min and turn back and now there is 2 little bucks sparing in the plot. About a minute later I notice horns moving threw the limbs at the edge of the plot. It's him. He walks toward the center of the plot as I draw. He is quartering to me and not wanting to take that shot I hold. Well he gets to the center of the plot (37yds) turns and walks directly at me. I was good until he turned to me at this point I think I said or mumbled to myself he is big real big. He walks all the way up to 17 yds turns and gives me a quartering away shot and send an arrow his way. Thump! He bolts. Deer scatter everywhere. My eyes focus back on him about the time he gets out of the plot. 15yds out the plot he stops and then falls. I hang my bow bag up and look back over there and he is back up but doing the drunk circles. Get down at dark go meet my buddy and he saw and videoed the whole thing but the camera was having problems focusing in the low light.
Thanks for all the congrats. Good luck to all of yall my season is already one of the best I've had.

Latest posts