Kidney Stones…Again

backyardtndeer

Have had them before. Used to sit driving a lot for work and drank way too much Dr pepper. One time it was bad enough I almost went to the hospital, but drank a crap load of water and baking soda and it finally passed.

Jon54

Asked to be checked for Parathyroid disease. The parathyroid glands control the release of calcium from bones. These glands, typically 4 of them, are the size of a grain of rice. I had two removed. Your body only needs one gland.

MUP

Worse than childbirth, according to my wife. Trying to deliver a watermelon according to several men in my family and a few of my good friends. I've seen my younger bigger brother doubled over in pain and also my wife crying in pain over those things. Hope you pass it/them quick and that's the end of it!

MUP

Asked to be checked for Parathyroid disease. The parathyroid glands control the release of calcium from bones. These glands, typically 4 of them, are the size of a grain of rice. I had two removed. Your body only needs one gland.
Never heard of this. I'll have to relay this information to all I know who suffer from this awful affliction. 👍

Wade195

If I remember correctly they can analyze the stone and tell you more about it?

From what they told me, water in middle Tn was high in limestone. And that was a significant factor For me.

After 4 trips to the emergency room and 4 surgeries to remove them I started paying more attention to what I drank.

Its been several years now and no more. Knock on wood.

7mmWSM

I have one with surgery about every 2 years it seems. Last one was 9/10ths of an inch long. Mine consist of calcium. Good luck with yours.

DoubleRidge

Worst pain I've ever experienced...my main issue was dehydration...and this time of year is the most challenging for me being cold outside...I can watch the color of my urine and tell how I'm doing on my daily fluid intake...Thankfully my urologist allows me to count coffee in my daily fluid intake....so bottle water and coffee for me. Lemonade in the hot summer. Body Armor on occasion. Staying hydrated is my best advice against kidney stones...also I had to reduce my sodium intake for the type of stone I had...reduced sodium and increased fluid intake was his instructions for me.

losthunter

Just passed 1 2 days ago, i ve spent my life fighting these things. Ive had so many i can tell exactly where they are in my system before they come out.

losthunter

There is a picture in the medical journals that show middle tennessee as the kidney stone belt. They believe its due to the limestone. Whether thats true or not i dont know, but i have seen the picture.

Jon54

Never heard of this. I'll have to relay this information to all I know who suffer from this awful affliction. 👍
This can be revealed by a simple test. I lived a long life without any kidney stones. During an annual physical, blood was found in my urine. I was sent to a urologist who found I had two very large stones on my left side and 5 on my right.

fortunately, this Dr went the extra mile and did the test. i had three surgical procedures to remove the stones thru my pipeline. I then had surgery to remove the offending glands.

Attachments

• IMG_1043.jpeg
    IMG_1043.jpeg
    200 KB · Views: 6

Big Pop

Worst pain I've ever experienced...my main issue was dehydration...and this time of year is the most challenging for me being cold outside...I can watch the color of my urine and tell how I'm doing on my daily fluid intake...Thankfully my urologist allows me to count coffee in my daily fluid intake....so bottle water and coffee for me. Lemonade in the hot summer. Body Armor on occasion. Staying hydrated is my best advice against kidney stones...also I had to reduce my sodium intake for the type of stone I had...reduced sodium and increased fluid intake was his instructions for me.
I'm pretty sure mine was caused by dehydration in cold weather SS yours was. Since I make a point to hydrate more I haven't had another problem with them. But I do have a problem with peeing a lot!

Latest posts