Kerrygold butter

TAFKAP

A couple years ago, they would only offer it seasonally around St. Paddy's day, so we would grab 2 boxes every time we were in there. Ended up with half the top shelf of my deep freeze full of it. Come that June, we realized they were actually offering it year round, so no need to stockpile anymore. We still maintain about a 10lb reserve just in case. As for the membership, we started doing the Executive membership, which ends up paying for itself with our purchasing habits there.

pullemfar

Forvols":38r4h62a said:
pullemfar":38r4h62a said:
That's the Irish butter I use in my tree rat hash, :super: :tu: :stir: :drool:

Glad for that...Cause Im making some of that that tree rat hash you posted.

Hope you enjoy it. There's several different ways to make up a squirrel hash, thats just the one i use the most. My other fave is deboning and frying it up in a bacon dripping and butter with the onions fried in with the meat. Add the flour to the frying pan with a little water to make a gravy then pouring it over the meat. Fix up some fried tater cakes and a cold one or four and call it a day.

catman529

TX300mag":2kkvq8g0 said:
I use it in my coffee when I don't have ghee. About one a month the Texas grocery store H.EB. runs it on sale 2 for $5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have to ask, how is coffee with butter, and why?

I like mine straight up black, prefer the dark roasts and stronger brew, but not so strong its like mud. I hate the idea of cream in my coffee (cold coffee beverages are a different story) and can't imagine putting a slick of butter on top of my cup of joe. As much as I love butter I don't think I could do it.

TX300mag

I add grass-fed butter or ghee, MCT oil (from coconut oil), collagen, and a little heavy whipping cream to add healthy fats for energy (MCT oil for instance is 14g of fat per TB but is not stored as fat).

If you don't like any cream in your coffee you might not care for it. I don't like anything sweet in mine, but blended with butter/cream/oil is great.

catman529

TX300mag":em89n81j said:
I also added 2 egg yolks to it this morning after my workout. This is all blended into about 20-24 oz of pressed coffee.

Man as much as I love eggs I couldn't do that either. I'd rather fry up a big omelette to have with my coffee.

TX300mag

I hear you! I eat my share of. bacon and eggs (often omelettes), but I don't always have time. I think egg yolks are one of the best foods we can eat. When I have enough eggs, I'll scramble or make an omelette with mostly yolks.

moondawg

Hmmm. I might have to take the plunge and try it. Nowdays, I use the Kroger brand of Land O Lakes.

My parents still use "I Can't Believe it's Not Butter " thing.

catman529

moondawg":1o94wa3z said:
Hmmm. I might have to take the plunge and try it. Nowdays, I use the Kroger brand of Land O Lakes.

I like margarine sometimes, but there's no "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" BS that would even remotely come close to butter. I would say butter is one of, if not my favorite fat to put on food

be8.jpg

moondawg

catman529":300wd6d6 said:
moondawg":300wd6d6 said:

I like margarine sometimes, but there's no "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" BS that would even remotely come close to butter. I would say butter is one of, if not my favorite fat to put on food

be8.jpg

I agree. I much prefer real butter.

Latest posts