Kentucky lake ???

DeerJay3

Im heading to ky lake on sat. and i was wondering if any one had fished there recently? Im sure i will be able to catch some fish. Hoping to get on some big bass, maybe some crappie and cats also.

JCDEERMAN

I was there 2 weeks ago. Caught most all of the bass on dark lizards. If you could find the grass, you could find the fish. (Find those yellow flowers that come up to about 4 inches from the surface of the water). They might be moving a little deeper though. I would imagine that within a week or 2, they are about to be done spawning there and will be moving off the banks and going to feed. They were biting pretty good. Biggest one was 4 1/4 pounds. Good luck!

OldHunter

Good advice on those yellow flowers JC. We have caught fish in the flowers well into May.

The baitfish love the yellow flowers and so do the bass and especially those big black crappie.

Try to find a pocket that have the flowers and throw a senko in there and hold on!

mossyhorns300

Heading there this weekend also to prefish for our club tourney next weekend.

JCDEERMAN is dead on for this time of year. That's usually what were doing. Also pitching and flipping the buckbrush with jigs or plastics.

JCDEERMAN

Good thought mossyhorns....forgot to mention. Those jigs in the buckbushes will be hot anytime now. (within the next 2 weeks for sure)

mossyhorns300

Scott61 said:
They should be on bed right now .

They should be, Scott. Our club always fishes our May tourney at Kentucky Lake on the 1st weekend in May every year and there's always a ton of fish caught and most come from the buckbrush and are on beds. Everybody usually weighs in a limit, it's just who found the bigger females. If you don't have 18-20 lbs, you can forget it. Lot of fun this time of year and I'm looking forward to the next 2 weekends up there!

Latest posts