Kentucky Lake?

Wompuscat

Me and some buddies will be out there next week for Lbl turkey hunt. Was wondering what the crappie/bass are doing. we are pulling boat and be staying at Piney campground. Any info would be appreciated.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Hope you get some good info.

Your senerio is identical to mine. :D

We will be there sometime Sunday around lunch.
When you pullin in ?

Wompuscat

It will be late Sunday night. we are leaving after church that evening. Probably close to 11/12 at night. We are staying in cabin and hunting the next 3 mornings. I hope the weather is better than last year. Those straight line winds bout got us last year.LOL

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I hear ya brotha !

We bailed about 9:00 p.m. that one night and headed for the house.
We came back the next day and my pop up was collapsed on one end and moved about 3 feet from where it was that night. :D

Wompuscat

Yea it got hairy for a while there. We barely made it out of the campground that Wednesday morning because of all the trees down. I never seen so many big oaks down and in such a broad area. It was everywhere when we got out to looking around.

ClubHead

Crappie are scattered but still catchable,Bass bite is doing well.Dont know if you like to catch shellcrackers or not but they are starting to be caught on the rock banks if so take some worms.

sango

I agree the Crappie are scattered now. I fished Saturday 4/7/12 in Panther Creek (North of Piney Campground) and caught them shallow and on drop offs in 15 to 20 feet. I caught a few black Crappie females with undeveloped eggs. Water temperature was 69.5 degrees.

PcDeer

My dad and I caught about 70 largemouth this past Saturday around New Johnsonville. Didn't catch any monsters but caught several that would go 2.5-3.5lbs. Caught almost all of them on zoom watermelon finesse worms and a 3/8 oz finesse jig. Also caught a few on a sexy shad burner spinner bait. Fish were generally shallow and we caught the bulk off of points.

Bullfrog

A pretty good bass pattern right now is to fish secondary points, all the way to the back. The West side of the lake has been a bit better than the East side, but you should still be able to catch them around Piney/Lost, etc...

Winchester

Its been 2 weeks but I caught the bass pretty good in 4-10 ft of water on spawning flats in creeks and big hollows on a c-rig craw. Crappie were stacked on a big 9ft deep flat in Big Sandy under the pwr lines.

double browtine

Fought the wind and caught some big bull bream on nightcrawlers in 3-4' of water on pea gravel bank. Also caught a few smaller shellcracker females but threw them back. My boys had a great time. Going back early in the morning before the wind gets up. Fished on west side in cypress bay. On lbl side dry and panther creek are hard to beat. Lake was too rough to cross in my small pontoon with my boys. Get out and catch em. Good fishing right now.

ClubHead

double browtine said:
Fought the wind and caught some big bull bream on nightcrawlers in 3-4' of water on pea gravel bank. Also caught a few smaller shellcracker females but threw them back. My boys had a great time. Going back early in the morning before the wind gets up. Fished on west side in cypress bay. On lbl side dry and panther creek are hard to beat. Lake was too rough to cross in my small pontoon with my boys. Get out and catch em. Good fishing right now.
I filleted so many bream and shellcrackers yesterday that I dont want to pick up the fillet knife for a while.

Latest posts